Author Topic: Dalby Forest trails?  (Read 2302 times)

Dalby Forest trails?
« on: 03 July, 2012, 05:20:14 pm »
Anyone been?  We may be camping in the region, and thought we'd hire some MTB from the new Pace/CTC centre  http://www.pacecycles.com/?page_id=1961 and give a go...
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Re: Dalby Forest trails?
« Reply #1 on: 03 July, 2012, 08:09:27 pm »
Not been, but seen plenty of vids.

Stick "dalby forest mtb" into youtube. It looks really good!
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

LindaG

« Reply #2 on: 08 July, 2012, 09:46:32 pm »
Yeah my MTBing mates rave about it. The best trails are away from the hire centre though

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3 on: 08 July, 2012, 09:49:02 pm »
Pace have worked with the Forestry Commision both at Dalby and Boltby forests for at least 10 years.

FC provide the forestry technical know-how and Pace provide the knowledge of wha makes a good or bad route.

Definately recommended (Boltby used to be a regular training area for me, in fact I might try to include a loop on one evening ride  :demon:)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #4 on: 12 August, 2012, 10:21:24 am »
Last week we had our family MTB trial day around Dalby Forest; we were a bit late so our 'full day' was 4.5hrs.

I hired a Scott Tour 29er, and really liked it.  Older mini ao and I did a fair bit of red trail which was excellent fun, but takes a lot longer than you think and I reckon one needs most of the day to do it all.  Never got round to trying the world cup course.  Some of the red trail is pretty technical, and I did quite well although there were some downhill sections were I though 'I probably could, but maybe not...'

The bike barn seem pretty organised, and one can reserve bikes without payment - but giving a time of arrival.  If you don't turn up within 30min of stated time they may be reallocated, unless one rings them to give revised time of arrival...  This worked well, as if it had been chucking it down with rain we may have given it a miss.

Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson