Author Topic: Bristol Randonee 100k  (Read 914 times)

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
Bristol Randonee 100k
« on: 21 June, 2018, 07:14:29 pm »
Any ACBrizzle peeps here?

There's someone on FB AUK page asking if there's a routesheet for this event, there doesn't seem to be on the AUK website.
It's possible it's been e-mailed out, and rejected as spam.

Is there a routesheet?

Re: Bristol Randonee 100k
« Reply #1 on: 21 June, 2018, 11:46:42 pm »
I didn't get one

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2 on: 25 June, 2018, 10:12:03 am »
I rode this yesterday and it was great fun. A lovely route with a couple of challenging hills but rolling overall, some decent food stops, about 100 starters and, unusually for an audax, central start and finish. This not only is better in terms of facilities and atmosphere than the more normal car park on the edge of town style, it's also more handy for the kind of local entrants a shorter event is likely to attract and – it just makes a change! Plus the pub that functioned as the arrivee let people bring bikes into their courtyard among the tables.  :thumbsup:
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #3 on: 26 June, 2018, 09:55:08 am »
I did this too, my very first go at an Audax and really enjoyed it. I'm not used to riding in groups, so the start was a little weird for me, but got used to it quickly and after a while people started to spread out a bit so I was mostly riding by myself. The route was fun and I'd agree with the previous post about the central start and finish - I live about ten minutes ride away so this definitely appealed to me as a first timer. There were a couple of people complaining about the lack of a route sheet (there was only a RWGPS print out) but the supplied GPX track worked well for me. The controls were all very pleasant and nicely spaced apart, and it seemed like a nice atmosphere (the amazing weather didn't hurt!). I can definitely see myself doing more of these in the future, big thanks to the organisers for putting it on!