Author Topic: Shipping a Boxed Bike To Spain?  (Read 1538 times)

Shipping a Boxed Bike To Spain?
« on: 29 August, 2017, 06:40:30 pm »
I'm buying a bike from the YACF classified and need to ship it from the UK to south east Spain. Any recommendations for a courier who would do this and at what price?

Re: Shipping a Boxed Bike To Spain?
« Reply #1 on: 29 August, 2017, 06:50:03 pm »
I did this a year or so ago, used www.ipostparcels.com, and by judicious fiddling with the dimensions got it down to about £16, albeit uninsured.

I was very happy with the service, have recommended them several times, and haven't yet had anyone tell me they were crap. (Mind you, I've only had one person tell me they'd actually used the service too.)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2 on: 29 August, 2017, 07:21:25 pm »
I've used DHL for a similar job in the past but my advice would be to get in touch with your local Spanish community, unless you're out in the sticks there certainly will be one, and find a private van service that shuttles to and fro servicing shops and the Spanish population in your part of UK. They'll be able to send it on to wherever in Spain it is at the other end. Spanish shops and escuelitas a good starting point.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #3 on: 29 August, 2017, 07:22:30 pm »
I'm buying a bike from the YACF classified and need to ship it from the UK to south east Spain. Any recommendations for a courier who would do this and at what price?
You've started this thread in two different places! I've posted in both.  :D

« Reply #4 on: 29 August, 2017, 09:40:23 pm »
You've started this thread in two different places! I've posted in both.  :D

Ah!

That explains why (in the other thread) I thought I'd already posted a response!

« Reply #5 on: 29 August, 2017, 10:55:04 pm »
Wowbagger successfully transported two Bromptons back to the UK from Avignon this year with little hassle and he organised it all on his mobile phone.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #6 on: 31 August, 2017, 11:20:16 am »
I've used DHL for a similar job in the past but my advice would be to get in touch with your local Spanish community, unless you're out in the sticks there certainly will be one, and find a private van service that shuttles to and fro servicing shops and the Spanish population in your part of UK. They'll be able to send it on to wherever in Spain it is at the other end. Spanish shops and escuelitas a good starting point.
Just to clarify on DHL: I wouldn't particularly recommend them. I can't remember how much it cost but the delivery was several days later than they stated. This didn't particularly matter to me but might to you.