Author Topic: Pratchett steamrollered  (Read 1135 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Pratchett steamrollered
« Reply #1 on: 30 August, 2017, 07:52:14 pm »
This pleases me in a very Pterryish way.   :thumbsup:

« Reply #2 on: 31 August, 2017, 06:26:42 am »
Discussed at work, and some were appalled at the "waste" of this unpublished work and how it should have been published as it was.

However I must admit that there have been some very poor attempts to "finish" the work of other authors or to continue the theme or hero.

Personally I think that the final decision to destroy this work was correct as if the author himself thought they were not suitable for publication, then we should observe that final wish

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3 on: 31 August, 2017, 07:56:22 am »
The unfinished Tolkien stuff released by Christopher Tolkien springs to mind.  I suppose Tolkien geeks will buy anything that expands their understanding of the fantasy universe.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #4 on: 31 August, 2017, 08:41:18 am »
The use of a steam roller being the closest we can get to grinding the drives beneath the feet of a golem in Roundworld. One can only hope there was a shifty looking guy selling dubious pies to anyone watching.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #5 on: 31 August, 2017, 03:56:12 pm »
There's an exhibition about the life and works of Pratchett (I'm not sure exactly but something Pratchettish anyway) in Salisbury from 16th September till January.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.