Author Topic: *SIMPLE* video editor  (Read 1791 times)

*SIMPLE* video editor
« on: 03 February, 2018, 03:34:35 pm »
I want to be able to cut a part of a .mov, apparently that is too much to ask of the two programs I tried out (both don't appear to be able to import .mov files).
Can anyone suggest a **SIMPLE** program for the task?  I care not for changing colours, sound of any kind or HD.  Has to work with Windows (unfortunately)
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

dim

Re: *SIMPLE* video editor
« Reply #1 on: 03 February, 2018, 03:48:35 pm »
“No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness.” - Aristotle

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #2 on: 03 February, 2018, 05:20:09 pm »
Are you serious?  Recommending software by Garmin, the purveyors of software that never, ever works properly?

Maybe they've turned over a new leaf, and actually hired someone capable of writing software, but I am more than a trifle cynical.
Wombat

dim

« Reply #3 on: 03 February, 2018, 05:42:37 pm »
Are you serious?  Recommending software by Garmin, the purveyors of software that never, ever works properly?

Maybe they've turned over a new leaf, and actually hired someone capable of writing software, but I am more than a trifle cynical.

hey .... have you ever used this software? ....if not, don't slate something that you don't know

I have a Garmin Virb Ultra 30 front camera and have used this software ... and it's good and it's free ....

Only reason that I don't use it now is that I also have a Fly 6 rear camera, and I find that it's easier to combine both the garmin and fly 6 cameras on Sony Vegas Pro
“No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness.” - Aristotle

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4 on: 03 February, 2018, 05:46:24 pm »
Stands to reason that Garmin, whose main business is GPS receivers, would accidentally manage to make video editing software that works.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #5 on: 03 February, 2018, 06:18:01 pm »
I like your logic, Kim! 

dim, I'm not doubting you, I'm just struggling to grasp the concept of Garmin purveying decent software, as every other bit of software of theirs I've encountered has been unmitigated crap, from Mapsource, to their Navigation software in my car, and a couple of other things.

I do very little video editing, and then only under duress, and I tend to use some Nero thing ('cos I paid for Nero for other reasons) and I gave up on the older copy of Adobe Premiere Elements I had, 'cos it wouldn't handle the output from anything I had. 

I might give the Garmin one a try, so lets hope I don't soon make an appearance in the computing rant thread... :)
Wombat

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #6 on: 04 February, 2018, 02:46:16 pm »
My goto editor of choice is OpenShot Video Editor. Vast overkill for what you need but easy enough to use.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #7 on: 04 February, 2018, 05:20:59 pm »
erm... Windows Movie Maker? Free as part of W10, works with mov, does what you want.