Author Topic: Best wheeled lightweight carry on case.  (Read 814 times)

Best wheeled lightweight carry on case.
« on: 05 September, 2018, 11:57:16 am »
I am increasingly travelling by plane and train with laptop, cameras, notes and sometimes clothes.  I have until now used a rucksack but I would prefer a wheeled carry on suitcase these days for ease of use, etc.

Definitely has to be carry on size and lightweight but sturdy.  I have specific rucksacks for hill walking or when i am taking all my cameras and lens on safari, etc.

Recommendations please.  Thanks

Re: Best wheeled lightweight carry on case.
« Reply #1 on: 05 September, 2018, 12:10:09 pm »
I have a Briggs and Riley.  The specific model I have is a Verb Pilot Carry On Expandable.
I have travelled frequently on Easyjet, Ryanair and Norwegian over the past two years, almost weekly sometimes. The case is still in perfect order. It fits snugly into an Easyjet overhead locker.
They have a lifetime guarantee.
You can buy from John Lewis. The price might make you have an intake of breath, but I can assure you they are worth it.
If you dont like the black colour then there are other ranges available.

I use the carryon with one of their smaller laptop bags, which hooks over the carrying handle so you can roll along with both.

« Reply #2 on: 05 September, 2018, 12:35:08 pm »
Anyone wanting a  bag for travel needs to look at CabinMax https://cabinmax.com/ for sensibly priced, decent quality,  cabin specific sizes

ian

« Reply #3 on: 06 September, 2018, 12:49:39 pm »
My Tripp cabin-sized case survived about twenty years and that included plenty of time enjoying the tender caresses of the world's baggage handlers. I got a new one from M&S because I remembered I needed one without a big crack in it as I was passing. I think it was about £60 and seems sturdy enough. Fits easily into the cabin or if I'm lazy I check it in.

I'd always opt for hard-shell with four decent wheels.