Author Topic: Leicester City  (Read 23218 times)

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
Re: Leicester City
« Reply #25 on: 08 February, 2016, 10:51:48 am »
Just seen the score from Maine Road whatever Man City's ground is called now.

It's offical name is "The Theatre of a Bored Saudi Prince's Dreams and Temple to the Worship of an Oil Rich Quasi-Dictatorship
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #26 on: 08 February, 2016, 10:55:12 am »
Just seen the score from Maine Road whatever Man City's ground is called now.

It's offical name is "The Theatre of a Bored Saudi Prince's Dreams and Temple to the Worship of an Oil Rich Quasi-Dictatorship"

Thank you. That's an epithEt I hadn't thought of.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #27 on: 08 February, 2016, 11:24:12 am »
Lee- you forgot the rather large sum of Chinese money in there. Saudis aren't as smug as they were when oil was $100 a barrel, so they had to ask some seriously rich Orientals to chip in .
They need a bit of help to run expensive things like Premiership clubs  y,know.
Football players cost way more than slow horses and fast women.

« Reply #28 on: 08 February, 2016, 03:07:21 pm »
Not forgetting the low price of oil at the moment is largely affected by current Saudi production policy but that's a POBI topic!

Go Leicester!
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #29 on: 09 February, 2016, 01:32:31 pm »
Not forgetting the low price of oil at the moment is largely affected by current Saudi production policy but that's a POBI topic!

Go Leicester!

And not forgetting that the Saudis have very deep pockets and probably the lowest cost production out there
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #30 on: 09 February, 2016, 01:49:29 pm »
I love that the widespread presumption is that Spurs will simply go AWOL at some point. Such behaviour would be entirely typical, but the absence of any attention being paid to them does mean there is no pressure on them.

I wonder if they can actually sneak under the wire this time.

If they don't, then GO LEICESTER !!!
Rust never sleeps

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #31 on: 10 February, 2016, 11:33:33 pm »
Whatever happens and however they play, Spurs have the coolest name in English football.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #32 on: 11 February, 2016, 02:21:35 am »
Whatever happens and however they play, Spurs have the coolest name in English football.

No they don't you silly billy. Even I know "Spurs" is an abbreviation of Tottenham Hotspur.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #33 on: 11 February, 2016, 12:14:27 pm »
C'mon 'Arry!

Andrew

« Reply #34 on: 11 February, 2016, 12:22:42 pm »
I wish people/media would stop talking up Leicester's chances. Those very same people that had them nailed on for relegation at the start of the season have now got them as nailed on champions. I do hope Ranieri is keeping the team grounded and focused - I don't want them starting to believe their own press. Sunday is a big game, and then so are the ones after that!

« Reply #35 on: 11 February, 2016, 01:39:45 pm »
Phil McNulty (BBC Footy correspondent) had this to say : -

These were some of my words that will be eaten: "Ranieri's appointment is, at best, left field and at worst uninspiring and unwise. A charming man but perhaps one out of time with the Premier League, having last worked there with Chelsea in 2004 and having had a chequered career since."

Nice to see that he has at least acknowledged that he was way off when he wrote that back in August.

It is always amusing/sad/illustrative watching the press corps make predictions (typically en masse) and label people/teams in a particular way which subsequently turns out to be wrong.
Rust never sleeps

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #36 on: 11 February, 2016, 01:48:27 pm »
I don't think that anything that is posted on YACF is likely to make any difference whatsoever to the eventual outcome of the Premiershit.

Andrew

« Reply #37 on: 11 February, 2016, 01:55:07 pm »
I read press reports of matches and sometimes wonder if the journalist has been watching the same match as me. No great surprise really, as opinions do differ, but they can be factually wrong too. Then said same journalists offer their opinions on broader footballing subjects and I start to wonder who they are writing for.

Personal dislike - the sports news on R4's Today program. So superficial as to be meaningless.

There was a bloke I used to work with, a Fulham season ticket holder (fair dues to him in fairness) and he tried so hard to be a fan but it just didn't work. I've no idea why but he just came across as a phoney. Not just to me but to others. He became known as sham fan.

« Reply #38 on: 11 February, 2016, 01:57:40 pm »
Such is the power of YACF that now you have started a thread, they will sink like a stone.

I don't think that anything that is posted on YACF is likely to make any difference whatsoever to the eventual outcome of the Premiershit.

Make your mind up...  ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #39 on: 11 February, 2016, 05:25:12 pm »
Such is the power of YACF that now you have started a thread, they will sink like a stone.

Make your mind up...  ;D

Which mind is that...?

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #40 on: 12 February, 2016, 09:18:13 pm »
We've instituted a new custom of calling Vardy! Mahrez! Schmeichel! or even Ranieri! when we see a fox (which is pretty much every time we're out after dark).

Andrew

« Reply #41 on: 13 February, 2016, 09:08:49 am »
N'Golo Kanté is the fox supreme. He'll take your chickens from under your nose!

https://mobile.twitter.com/lcfc/status/676793026782625793

;D

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #42 on: 14 February, 2016, 01:36:04 pm »
Leicester have problems this afternoon...

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #43 on: 14 February, 2016, 06:56:33 pm »
Bit of a shame about the Arsenal-Leicester result, but not unhappy about City losing. Interesting comment in the Graun about that match:-

Both Tottenham goals, scorer swamped by celebrating team-mates. City goalscorer celebrates without a team-mate within 30 yards. City really are synthetic construct.

What would be rather nice now would be for Southampton & West Ham to get enough good results to push both Manchester teams out of the top 5.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #44 on: 14 February, 2016, 07:30:01 pm »
And it did take a 95th minute goal for the Arse to beat a Leicester side who'd been down to ten men for most of the second half.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #45 on: 18 February, 2016, 01:59:27 pm »
Methinks maybe they've been concentrating on the kickball to the exclusion of other quite important stuff...  :-\

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-35605670

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-35589240

« Reply #46 on: 18 February, 2016, 03:37:09 pm »
Methinks maybe they've been concentrating on the kickball to the exclusion of other quite important stuff...  :-\

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-35605670

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-35589240

AFAIK, Leicester City Football Club do not run the local health and prison services, nor do the local health and prison services run the football club.  ;)
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #47 on: 18 February, 2016, 04:27:59 pm »
No, but the peeps who run the prison service and local healthcare facilities may be distracted by the Foxes' bid for the Premiershit, to the detriment of their other duties.  Or not.  Probably.  This is not my real opinion.  Obviously.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
« Reply #48 on: 18 February, 2016, 04:50:16 pm »
I think Leicester would have won everything ever but they were merely jinxed by that dead bloke under a car park.

« Reply #49 on: 18 February, 2016, 05:06:56 pm »
I think Leicester would have won everything ever but they were merely jinxed by that dead bloke under a car park.

Nah, he just put the kybosh on Millets shifting excess camping gear in the January sales.