Author Topic: Beer!  (Read 87378 times)

ian

Re: Beer!
« Reply #475 on: 13 March, 2018, 05:32:03 pm »
Blimey, I had to send our Belgish sales rep to stand outside the gate on a wet Wednesday afternoon.

ian

« Reply #476 on: 13 March, 2018, 09:09:46 pm »
^ Grew up on that stuff :)

It did not feel good this AM.....  :-X

It didn't look that good the night before.

Do they still make Skol lager? Good god, google says they do.

A lager of the highest quality brewed only with the finest ingredients to give a satisfying and refreshing taste.

As per other threads, b*****ks.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #477 on: 15 March, 2018, 09:21:10 pm »
Windswept Clavie smoked porter. Om nom nom...  :P

And again  :P

Pingu

• Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #478 on: 18 March, 2018, 12:28:33 pm »
Windswept Clavie smoked porter. Om nom nom...  :P

Pingu

• Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #479 on: 18 March, 2018, 11:16:10 pm »
Burning Sky tap take over at 6 Degrees North tomorrow  :P

ian

« Reply #480 on: 28 March, 2018, 01:21:53 pm »
Bourbon-barrel aged Dieu du Ciel Péché Mortel. I fear there's no better way to drink coffee.

Pingu

• Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #481 on: 30 March, 2018, 11:21:52 am »
Burning Sky tap take over at 6 Degrees North tomorrow  :P

burning_sky by The Pingus, on Flickr

ian

« Reply #482 on: 02 April, 2018, 06:42:46 pm »
I hope you had the Cuvee, it's excellent. They're all pretty good.

Excited and then disappointed to see Bomb! on tap at Ghost Whale yesterday. Disappointed because the tap spluttered and dribbled less than a mouthful into my glass.

That did have (1 pint!*) cans of Bible Belt though, but it wasn't in the fridge. It's in mine now. One of my favourite imperial stouts, though not as good as their Pirate Noir, which I will continue to rave about.

*US marginally teeny pint.

Pingu

• Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #483 on: 03 April, 2018, 05:19:57 pm »

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #484 on: 04 April, 2018, 09:03:51 pm »
Bush Amber (Brasserie Dubuisson). A rather pleasant 12%er.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

Pingu

• Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #485 on: 05 April, 2018, 08:38:27 pm »
Failed to get Cantillon at Six Degrees North this evening, so we're making do at home  :P

IMG_0605_01 by The Pingus, on Flickr

Pingu

• Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #486 on: 05 April, 2018, 09:57:58 pm »
I hope you had the Cuvee, it's excellent. They're all pretty good.

We had a bit of everything. Mrs P had a bit of Cuvée several times.

ian

« Reply #487 on: 08 April, 2018, 07:21:32 pm »
Failed to get Cantillon at Six Degrees North this evening, so we're making do at home  :P

If it was that Six Degrees North, any quivering of the beer force may have been induced by me.

Pingu

• Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #488 on: 12 April, 2018, 09:53:40 pm »

IMG_0617_01 by The Pingus, on Flickr

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #489 on: 13 April, 2018, 12:26:28 pm »
An ooly ginger gueuze?
</Stanshall>
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #490 on: 13 April, 2018, 12:33:47 pm »
I had a very nice pint or two of Paranoid (Paranoia?) Black Chilli Porter t'other night in Brum. A liquorice initial taste before the chilli kicks in.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

ian

« Reply #491 on: 13 April, 2018, 04:53:06 pm »
For the record, last Saturday I had a 17% imperial stout.

For breakfast.

« Reply #492 on: 16 April, 2018, 01:35:16 pm »
Aw man, I thought I'd done well by having some (super exclusive) Caribbean Chocolate Pancake Stack from Siren for (almost, but not quite) breakfast.

Must. Try. Harder.

ian

« Reply #493 on: 16 April, 2018, 09:00:38 pm »
A selection of the Bruery's finest barrel-aged specimens. Oh my. Not cheap in 100 ml measures (as they roll in north of 12%, it's not exactly drink-a-pint territory), but oh so worth it.

Breakfast again, mind. But it was 2pm and I had a falafel wrap. I know, dissolute hipster.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #494 on: 18 May, 2018, 05:11:45 pm »
Currently really enjoying a pint of Allendale Anvil at Durham's newest pub, the Waiting Room at the station.

A lovely surprise, it's not at all hipster, serves good beer and isn't the usual train station expensive (£4.20 for this pint!)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

ian

« Reply #495 on: 18 May, 2018, 08:13:55 pm »
A pint of Bullfinch's splendid Rascal session IPA as I belatedly finish up work and spin some tunes. It's a nice break from the sometimes endless 9% hazy, dank DIPAs that seem set on depleting the world's hop output. I mostly like them, but they can be a bit hit and miss and they don't age. Really, check the best-before, or you end up with a £8 can of something that might be salvaged by turning it into a lemonade shandy. A really expensive lemonade shandy.

That said, Un-Human Cannonball is out. Mega-yay. Do they even have hipsters in Huddersfield?

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #496 on: 19 May, 2018, 04:58:48 pm »
Enjoying a Belhaven Speyside Blonde on our front step. Very slight whisky flavour.
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

« Reply #497 on: 19 May, 2018, 06:25:50 pm »
A glass of Thornbridge 'Mr Smith Gose to...', a watermelon sour (winner of a 2017 home brewer's competition, and brewed by Thornbridge as a special). I will confess to picking it up as much for the name as anything else; I'm not sure I've ever had a trad gose, and certainly not a watermelon one. A little googling showed me 'gose' isn't cognate with 'gueuze', so I learned something there. It's not unpleasant, if something of an acquired taste, and works well for the warm weather we've got. Not sure I'd get it again, but I might try some other goses.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #498 on: 19 May, 2018, 07:44:58 pm »
Leffe, enough said.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #499 on: 19 May, 2018, 07:50:49 pm »
A glass of Thornbridge 'Mr Smith Gose to...', a watermelon sour (winner of a 2017 home brewer's competition, and brewed by Thornbridge as a special). I will confess to picking it up as much for the name as anything else; I'm not sure I've ever had a trad gose, and certainly not a watermelon one. A little googling showed me 'gose' isn't cognate with 'gueuze', so I learned something there. It's not unpleasant, if something of an acquired taste, and works well for the warm weather we've got. Not sure I'd get it again, but I might try some other goses.

I love a gose, not sure I would go for watermelon though....

Ones you might like to try:
Magic Rock Salty Kiss
Two Roads Tanker Truck Sour Series - Plum Gose, see also their Persian Lime Gose
Wild Beer A Wild Goose Chase. They do a load of goses, try also Sleeping Lemons (available in normal and export strength), Sleeping Limes (just released, waiting on mine being delivered), not had their Tom Yum yet either.
Victory Brewing Kirsch Gose
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.