Author Topic: Wheels of Fortune, Nottingham  (Read 1693 times)

Wheels of Fortune, Nottingham
« on: 25 April, 2008, 01:06:44 pm »
A fascinating dip into the history of one of Nottinghamshire’s most famous companies provides the backdrop for the next in our series of alumni Talk and Tours.

Raleigh has a special place in the history of Nottingham. It not only brought international recognition for its innovatory designs and excellence in production, but also had a major impact on the local economy and community.

A new exhibition – Wheels of Fortune - in the Weston Gallery of the Lakeside Arts Centre, draws upon the extensive archive of the Raleigh Cycle Company held at Nottinghamshire Archives, to reveal the story and the history behind a local employer.

Currently on display at Lake Side, University Park (Weston Gallery). Worth a stop if you are around. The Lake Side cafe does a lovely carrot cake too.

More detail here
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

Re: Wheels of Fortune, Nottingham
« Reply #1 on: 25 April, 2008, 04:00:28 pm »
CHeers Frenchie.
Stropping rocks

Zoidburg

« Reply #2 on: 25 April, 2008, 05:44:33 pm »
I know a guy who lives in a posh flat in Nottingham

It used to be the Radford frame factory :'(

« Reply #3 on: 25 April, 2008, 08:33:34 pm »
Frenchie

My girls really like the park next to the gallery, If it's fine tomorrow we might Tag-along down there.

« Reply #4 on: 25 April, 2008, 10:21:18 pm »
Frenchie

My girls really like the park next to the gallery, If it's fine tomorrow we might Tag-along down there.

My baby girl loves it too... We went there for lunch today in fact!  ;) (And to run after the ducks, naturally!)

The exhibition is quite small, but interesting.
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse