Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 212680 times)

Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #700 on: 24 May, 2017, 08:33:20 pm »
Flinging a mouse around my bedroom. Well, he was 5 minutes ago. I rescued said mouse and took it outside, but I don't rate its chances much....
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #701 on: 24 May, 2017, 11:26:06 pm »
Boris is a mighty hunter.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #702 on: 25 May, 2017, 01:04:25 am »
He'd be a lot more mighty if he just killed the bloody things rather than just half killing them and letting them run/fly/hop around my bedroom!
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #703 on: 25 May, 2017, 10:30:32 am »
At least Pete refuses to hand them over and eats them whole.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #704 on: 25 May, 2017, 10:35:08 am »
Cali has dribbled all over my shoulder.

So i checked the biscuit bowl... yes, nearly empty.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #705 on: 30 May, 2017, 03:36:44 pm »
Hazel the cat is cross because I just took the baby rabbit she caught off her and put it in the bin. Tilly the dog is cross because I didn't let her take the rabbit off the cat.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #706 on: 30 May, 2017, 04:49:31 pm »
Pete is exhausted from ten minutes of being awake and is asleep on my lap.

ian

« Reply #707 on: 30 May, 2017, 08:59:17 pm »
Cats vs. Magpies episode 67.

The one that goes. Miaow. Squawk. Miaow. Squawk. Repeat.

Bad Cat is a bit half hearted, she just lies there making strange miaow noise and whacking her tail back and forth. Though Magpie mum did some impressive bombing runs the other day, precision delivering twig-derived ordnance onto Little Monster Cat's head.

Quite frankly, a magpie could probably eat them.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #708 on: 30 May, 2017, 09:30:20 pm »
Speaking of cats vs magpies...
On Sunday I left the flat and heard this weird noise.  Found this
IMG_6142_01 by The Pingus, on Flickr

With a Pumpkin sat next to it looking all innocent. Despite hearing a terrible noise it was dead a couple of seconds later when I got to it. Quite surprised a feisty magpie didn't manage to escape. Sorry, bird.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ian

« Reply #709 on: 31 May, 2017, 07:22:37 am »
Our garden magpies seem to have things in hand. I was most impressed how they were picking up sticks and stones from the road and then flying back to drop them on Little Monster Cat's head. I wish I had videoed it. LMC sat there looking angrier and angrier but they weren't coming low enough to risk a surface-to-air strike (and she can launch pretty high, but then she's not a lot bigger than a magpie). Of course, she just sat there while they bombed her demonstrating that corvids are smarter than cats. I doubt they felt it was a challenge.

Bad Cat, on the other hand, prefers to channel her inner Bill Oddie and get excited watching birds*. My wife took an hilarious video of her having a conversation with the magpies while I was away. She couldn't actually be bothered getting up to chase them so she did the whole thing lying down.

Oddly, they've pretty much stopped catching things she we moved to the 'country' – back in the urban sprawl they'd bring mice aplenty, frogs, entire pigeons, and pork chops. Since we moved here, a couple of mice and slow worms when we first moved in, but that's tapered off. Possible the fauna of the Surrey jungles is a bit more challenging.

*This is why I'm up and working at 7am, little sod is sitting behind the blinds in the bedroom making a racket every time she sees a bird flap by.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #710 on: 01 June, 2017, 04:12:46 pm »
Pete is trying to wash his bottom/back half, but he keeps being distracted by his tail.

« Reply #711 on: 01 June, 2017, 04:35:19 pm »
The dog is absent having gone for an adventure with Mrs Pcolbeck and her Mum. First time I have been at home without the dog since we got her and I find I dont like it. No heavy sighs when I am working and no following me round every time I get up to make a cup of tea.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

ian

« Reply #712 on: 01 June, 2017, 07:30:42 pm »
This what I have to put you with. Look at the sheer effort she puts in to see those magpies off her territory.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3vWEjc3Dh38

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #713 on: 01 June, 2017, 11:18:45 pm »
Cone on ian, be reasonable, bears are a challenge for teh kittehs.
It is simpler than it looks.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #714 on: 01 June, 2017, 11:41:16 pm »
This what I have to put you with. Look at the sheer effort she puts in to see those magpies off her territory.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3vWEjc3Dh38
She's obviously trying jawjaw before warwar.

ian

« Reply #715 on: 02 June, 2017, 09:49:26 am »
That's the literal pecking order in my garden: yeti > bear > magpie > cat.

If you listen carefully on the video, she's making a very, very pathetic miaow. Alpha predator, my arse.

Moose57

• Hippopotamus scandere potest colles
« Reply #716 on: 02 June, 2017, 09:59:17 pm »

Bringing us a present, a live moorhen. It flew off thankfully over a 6ft fence with cat in hot pursuit.

« Reply #717 on: 05 June, 2017, 09:10:44 am »
My cat is currently trying to remember the times before his castration because I have a new girl kitty in the house. Her name's Cookie, and she's a real lady. Poor Sal, he's trying to be all manly now.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #718 on: 05 June, 2017, 07:37:13 pm »
Well I'm guessing that Sal is the white cat, being as the Tortie should be the female :)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ian

« Reply #719 on: 06 June, 2017, 09:27:16 am »
Waking me up at 6.15am because it's still raining and she wants me to make it stop.

ian

« Reply #720 on: 07 June, 2017, 07:22:55 am »
Waking me up up 5.15 am because she wanted to be sick. Ack ack ack. Which she was. On the bed.

ETA: Little Monster Cat, on the other hand, didn't get up for breakfast on account of 'really, at this time?'. At least one of us gets some sleep, I suppose.

ian

« Reply #721 on: 19 June, 2017, 09:46:47 am »
LMC is going to the vets again. At least this vet isn't as sarky as the last one who'd take a look and utter a prognosis along the lines of 'oh, this is going to help pay for my next ski trip'. Actually, I quite liked him. He rode a bicycle too.

She's manked her paw. I can't tell what and she's not letting anyone near. She seems able to put pressure on it, but will sit with it raised and she's not extending her claws on that paw when she stretches. The reception asked 'is she that one?' Yes, she's that one. And she still have three sets of functioning claws. Sorry.

ian

« Reply #722 on: 19 June, 2017, 02:33:59 pm »
The vet was optimistic. Two nurses, one vet, two owners and one thick towel vs. 3 kg of cat.

Cat 1 : Humans 0.

It's a forgone conclusion tbh, but I suppose the veterinary playbook says they have to try. I think we'll have to sedate her... she eventually concludes, as every vet before has.

Abscess in her toe apparently. Will she take pills and wear the cone of shame, she asks. Then we all laugh until we cry.

At least they can put the flea and parasite stuff on her neck while she's unconscious.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #723 on: 19 June, 2017, 04:06:03 pm »
Poor LMC.

Pete is struggling in the heat. He sunbathes in the window until he gets too hot, then he goes to his bed and gets too hot, then he sits on the floor, then he lies on me and we both get too hot then he goes back to the window...

ian

« Reply #724 on: 19 June, 2017, 04:50:34 pm »
Bad Cat is lolling around in my wife's office upstairs, alternately in the window, her desk (by the laptop fan, heh) and then back into the hallway.

If she were vaguely smart she'd figure out that downstairs is several degrees cooler and the balcony outside my office is nicely shaded (which is where I am). But she's not even vaguely smart.

LMC has apparently been cleaned up and bandaged and will be ready for collection later. In a mitten of shame which will, I predict, last entire minutes. Unless it's like a boxing glove and she can use it give Bad Cat right hooks in their daily episode of Fight Club.