Author Topic: Powerbanks  (Read 4364 times)

Re: Powerbanks
« Reply #25 on: 04 August, 2019, 02:03:57 pm »
QG.  There are some real plonkers in life and S2L is probably one of them.  I note that he only joined recently and probably does not know your back story and how hard you have worked for this.

Sometimes however prepared our bodies let us down.  The only problem with your training is that you have ridden so many winter miles!! (that is an attempt at light hearted humour)

Please ignore him and be certain that everybody else on here is in complete awe at even getting to the start line.

S2L

« Reply #26 on: 04 August, 2019, 04:21:17 pm »
Some would say having a 500g battery pack contributed to my failure on the TCR. I'm inclined to think that in the temp, a bike with naught but lights would still have been walked up the hills.

Seeing that this post was written on day 3 of TCR 7, I would say your failure is probably due to being unprepared for the challenge?

... unless you are referring to a past event

The thing I was most unprepared for was the amount of negative messages I have got.

J

Apologies, wasn't meant to be a negative comment... I just wanted to point out that surely it's not a few hundred grams of battery the problem... reading the other thread, it sounds like a problem of acclimatisation.

When I read Beaumont first book about Around the World, he did mention how hot it was that part of Eastern Europe, with constant > 35 degree temperature day after day.

The thing is that Paris makes the headlines when they get to 40 degrees, but it's pretty normal in Bulgaria in summer, after all it neighbours Greece and Turkey

« Reply #27 on: 04 August, 2019, 05:25:22 pm »

The thing is that Paris makes the headlines when they get to 40 degrees, but it's pretty normal in Bulgaria in summer, after all it neighbours Greece and Turkey

Some parts of northern Europe have hit the headlines with temperatures that are lower than we have seen at night! Don't just talk about Paris.

S2L

« Reply #28 on: 04 August, 2019, 05:31:56 pm »

Some parts of the UK have hit the headlines with temperatures that are lower than we have seen at night! Don't just talk about Paris.
I felt

well, the UK is notoriously moany when it comes to weather... 1 inch of snow is polar and 32 degrees is "hotter than Australia", not to speak about the "one month worth of rain" every time it's wet