Author Topic: New Frame  (Read 2857 times)

blackpuddinonnabike

New Frame
« on: 29 April, 2008, 08:11:22 pm »
Received two days early before my birthday.  :-D

New frame, to be built into a nice retro looking, but fast(ish) road bike (initially bought to ride in this year's Bealach Na-Ba challenge, but to be a tourer in later life).

Re: New Frame
« Reply #1 on: 29 April, 2008, 08:14:18 pm »
May I be the first to say *drooooool*  :D

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #2 on: 29 April, 2008, 08:16:10 pm »
May I be the first to say *drooooool*  :D

;D

There's nowt like a new bike project (got another couple in the garage, but they're resto projects for Mel - this is mine mine mine! (and after this comes a path racer...)

« Reply #3 on: 29 April, 2008, 08:18:54 pm »
I want a new project. But given that I have about 4 rideable bikes, and Woolly only has one, I think it's his turn first.  ::-)

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #4 on: 29 April, 2008, 09:16:05 pm »
Very nice. What size?

I've read that Kaffs are a bit on the heavy side. I'd like to read that this isn't true!
Pen Pusher

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #5 on: 29 April, 2008, 09:20:25 pm »
Very nice. What size?

I've read that Kaffs are a bit on the heavy side. I'd like to read that this isn't true!

XL (on advice from Brant at On-One). Doesn't seem overly heavy. Probably a touch heavier frame than my Peacemaker, but it's certainly not going to be a beast.

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #6 on: 29 April, 2008, 09:25:30 pm »
Pen Pusher

« Reply #7 on: 29 April, 2008, 10:53:11 pm »
What do you mean retro looking ? No downtube stops and wishbone stays, not retro. and no lugs. Nice colour scheme though, awful headbadge

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #8 on: 29 April, 2008, 11:05:02 pm »
What do you mean retro looking ? No downtube stops and wishbone stays, not retro. and no lugs. Nice colour scheme though, awful headbadge

As in not black components and plenty of leather. And steel.

Retro looking, not retro. As far as my brother is concerned, with his recently purchased carbon Focus Cayo, this might as well be from the dark ages....

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say, be a boring old world if we all liked the same things - if only the biggest disagreements in the world were over headbadges...  ;D