Author Topic: [LEL17] Comedy bikes  (Read 2934 times)

[LEL17] Comedy bikes
« on: 29 July, 2017, 04:01:52 pm »
So what comedy bikes are entered this year? Elliptigos are now battle proven and have been there and done it. Any cargo bikes and dogs for 2017?

Re: Comedy bikes
« Reply #1 on: 29 July, 2017, 07:41:14 pm »
Does this count?

« Reply #2 on: 29 July, 2017, 08:33:00 pm »
Yes, I saw that on Facebook, one of the Koreans? Didn't know if it was just used to get to the party or if it's doing the whole trip. It's going to take an arse of steel to do 1400km on that. Fast wet descents should be 'fun', but I guess the disc brakes are a plus for that

« Reply #3 on: 29 July, 2017, 09:10:56 pm »
I rode this comedy bike to registration:

I'm sure as shit not riding it tomorrow though. Kudos to the Strida guy!

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
« Reply #4 on: 31 July, 2017, 11:46:57 am »
Yes, I saw that on Facebook, one of the Koreans? Didn't know if it was just used to get to the party or if it's doing the whole trip. It's going to take an arse of steel to do 1400km on that. Fast wet descents should be 'fun', but I guess the disc brakes are a plus for that

He was also to be seen at registration for #999 Miglia in Rome last month, so is a 'serious' contender for completing the distance! How he does it on that bike with only one gear I can only surmise!
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #5 on: 31 July, 2017, 12:01:24 pm »
The very idea of a Stryda with a disc brake is bizarre. Presumably a DIY conversion. Having ridden one (it was actually a Chinese copy but vv similar) up the street and back, I'm seriously impressed. Or just convinced of further lunacy. The one I rode you couldn't even pedal round corners without striking.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #6 on: 31 July, 2017, 01:48:07 pm »
The very idea of a Stryda with a disc brake is bizarre. Presumably a DIY conversion.

Strida Evo; disc brakes and 3 speed: http://www.strida.com/product/strida-evo/

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #7 on: 31 July, 2017, 01:54:57 pm »
Ah, the 47th law of thermodynamics: all utilitarian objects, given enough time, develop sporting pretensions.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

whosatthewheel

« Reply #8 on: 01 August, 2017, 07:18:47 pm »
The very idea of a Stryda with a disc brake is bizarre. Presumably a DIY conversion.

Strida Evo; disc brakes and 3 speed: http://www.strida.com/product/strida-evo/

I don't understand what's the need for 36 spokes on a 20 inch wheel... it would probably be OK with 12... I would fit 18 given I like to play it very safe. It just makes it impossible to fit the pump head onto the valve