Author Topic: Skyfall and other Bond theme tunes  (Read 7336 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: Skyfall and other Bond theme tunes
« Reply #50 on: 02 November, 2012, 04:57:22 pm »
I don't think you'd get type approval with all those pointy edges.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #51 on: 02 November, 2012, 06:12:37 pm »
(I'm too proud to post in Vroom, so I'll try sneaking this in here: the Top Gear Bond Cars special was rather good. )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #52 on: 19 October, 2013, 08:05:05 pm »
Skyfall theme. Lovely bit of writing. Good song. Really recalls the proper Bond themes of the past. But Adele is no Shirley Bassey. Her performance is very weak, even for her, on this song. No light and shade at all in her voice.  It needed somebody to belt it out and she just potters her way through it with no emotion at all in her performance.

So good song, shame about the singer, hope somebody good does a cover of it. And I normally like Adele. But this is really not her best.
I've been going to Bodybalance at the gym for the past few weeks and the current balance track is a very insipid rock cover of Skyfall. The best thing I can say about it is that the quality of the song manages to shine through, and makes you miss Adele.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #53 on: 20 October, 2013, 07:23:26 pm »
I don't get the fuss about the Skyfall theme. I'll admit I'm not a big lover of Adele anyway but she sounds like she's asleep or been drugged while she's singing,
Live and let die possibly has the most bombastic track, but Macca's singing is pretty feeble, which lets it down IMO.
Goldfinger I reckon is the nearest in terms of both music track and vocals.

PS I was a big fan of a-ha in my yoof  but will happily admit The Living Daylights is shite. I don't think there was a meeting of minds there. If There Was A Man by The Pretenders on the same soundtrack was better.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.