Author Topic: Tent pics...  (Read 217080 times)

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: Tent pics...
« Reply #450 on: 18 July, 2014, 08:00:51 pm »
Your Oregon has been well & truly up-staged...twice :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #451 on: 20 July, 2014, 08:56:48 pm »
Tent plus tarp.  Third iteration of the tarp pitching as we're trying out ideas.  This seemed to keep the rain off.

P7200002 by TJ Clarion, on Flickr

P7200003 by TJ Clarion, on Flickr
Yeah, I know it's not straight, but we did it in a rush as the rain was siling down.
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #452 on: 20 July, 2014, 08:57:39 pm »
P7200005 by TJ Clarion, on Flickr

P7200004 by TJ Clarion, on Flickr
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #453 on: 20 July, 2014, 08:59:35 pm »
P7180010 by TJ Clarion, on Flickr

Blacks & Edgington Oregon.

This morning, our Little Duck crawled into the tent and kissed the groundsheet.  :)
Getting there...

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #454 on: 20 July, 2014, 09:38:55 pm »
We were thinking the same after seeing Jim's (?) setup at Watlington.  ;D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #455 on: 22 July, 2014, 09:44:32 pm »
Old tent; new tarp (actually bought for a different tent):

P7220001 by TJ Clarion, on Flickr
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #456 on: 23 July, 2014, 10:33:56 pm »
P7210018 by TJ Clarion, on Flickr
Getting there...

« Reply #457 on: 12 September, 2014, 07:35:45 pm »
is this feckin kettle ever going to boil. :o

« Reply #458 on: 15 September, 2014, 11:39:25 am »
These are our two light tents. Wild Country Hoolie 2etc and Zethos.
Not cycle touring on these photos but camping with the car. The Zethos is a great touring tent, the larger Hoolie was purchaced for cycle touring with the whole family in attendence rather than just my daughter and I. It has not had chance to fulfil that roll as yet due work deciding that I should be out of the country for all but the final week of this years school holiday.

P1030344 by Joe.Audax, on Flickr

P1030498 by Joe.Audax, on Flickr

P1030462 by Joe.Audax, on Flickr

Jayjay

• Layin' back a bit these days.
« Reply #459 on: 18 October, 2014, 09:38:33 pm »
MSR Hubba Hubba HP on its very first cycle tour pitching, though I had used it on another occasion.
I preferred the extra room rather than a smaller lighter tent, still it's only about 4lbs. In September in this country the flysheet was soaked with condensation every morning, and was always packed wet so I could be on my way. This will add a bit to the weight!

2014 Ely tour by thermalsoareruk, on Flickr

« Reply #460 on: 18 October, 2014, 09:45:15 pm »
I've got one of those.  A very comfortable tent  :thumbsup:   I can sit up in it without having to crick my neck & there's loads of space for one.  Two up could be a bit snug though.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Dave_C

• Trying to get rid of my belly... and failing!
« Reply #461 on: 28 October, 2014, 12:59:11 pm »

P1030462 by Joe.Audax, on Flickr

Off topic! Nice pics of your Challenge Seiran, I have also been up that wee road above Gairloch.

I was out a couple of weeks ago on the MTB cycling between Aviemore and Fort William, over the Corrieyairack Pass, but unfortunately didn't get to the pitch until after dark, and as I was up at 5am left the pitch before it got light again. :O(
@DaveCrampton < wot a twit.
http://veloviewer.com/athlete/421683/

« Reply #462 on: 30 October, 2014, 10:35:31 pm »
Hi Dave,

That road through Glen Fruin from the Gareloch is very local to my work and often features on my rides. I've not had the Seiran very long and I'm not getting out often enough to really start making progress with my recumbent legs. I'm a long way fro being able to climb that hill in one go without stopping.

« Reply #463 on: 06 December, 2014, 06:48:13 pm »
P7180010 by TJ Clarion, on Flickr

Blacks & Edgington Oregon.

This morning, our Little Duck crawled into the tent and kissed the groundsheet.  :)
thats very like the tent leftpoole sold me, whats the  secret in pitching it.im serious.

« Reply #464 on: 06 December, 2014, 09:55:14 pm »
You might have to wait till Spring for us to pitch again so we can tell you! That was the first time we had pitched it :).

From memory: the upright poles go inside the inner, then spacers and ridge pole go outside the inner with the fly sheet over the top. A certain amount of repositioning pegs happened afterwards. The inner is freestanding before the fly sheet goes on. It maybe worth getting someone to hold the poles upright for you the first time you do it.

Hope that helps.

J
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #465 on: 07 December, 2014, 03:58:55 pm »
Thanks for that butterfly every bit helps ,im not a tent dweller as you might have guessed ::-)

cheers

Anto.

« Reply #466 on: 20 January, 2015, 07:47:20 pm »
Inside an old Saunders tent sheltering from very stormy weather near Ceret years ago:

Same tent somewhere near Agde when the weather was just a bit nicer.

Move Faster and Bake Things

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #467 on: 30 January, 2015, 03:20:51 am »

Picture from my trip out at the weekend. If you look closely you can see my Flecktarn tarp setup in the bottom of the picture.

I had a lovely comfy night out in the woods under my tarp in a bivvi bag, when it was -2°C. The tarp is this one by miltec. It's not the worlds greatest tarp, but it's pretty light, and the colour is perfect for the woods I camp in... and the price has come down by 6 quid since I bought it...

Only downside is that the camo works so well that on returning from a call of nature in the middle of the night, I couldn't find it and eventually tripped over it...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #468 on: 05 February, 2015, 01:29:01 pm »
Borrowed Peli's old man's 20+ year old Phoenix Phunnel for a spot off wild winter camp.

Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #469 on: 05 February, 2015, 09:14:13 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Was Tilley in the tent with you?

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #470 on: 05 February, 2015, 09:24:05 pm »
Oh yes it is a two man erm man and his dog tent. Tilley loves camping. I had to kick her out three times so I could pack up, she kept coming back to lay down on the sleeping bag and matt. It is gore-tec single sheet/layer tent. It wicked brilliantly, no moisture at all inside. Need to give it a bit if nickwax before next outing, been in a bag for a good while.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #471 on: 06 February, 2015, 03:10:43 pm »
That's the one my dad still refers to as "my little new tent". I suppose it is, compared to his stable of Force Tens and Tinkers. :)

« Reply #472 on: 06 February, 2015, 05:11:59 pm »
Phoenix tents were really well made.
I have a phortress lurking in the tentage department, absolutely bomb proof mountain tent if a little heavy by today's standards.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #473 on: 24 February, 2015, 10:33:55 am »
After a couple of years of tent testing and tiny baby wrangling, we decided that we could probably manage with our Nallo 2GT this weekend, so pitched it in the garden.  It's lovely!  The tent, not the garden, I should point out. ;D

Tent 1 by TJ Clarion, on Flickr

Tent 2 by TJ Clarion, on Flickr

Being inside your favourite tent (and it rained a little while we were in there) is a great feeling :) :) :)
Know what? From that and the other photos here, I think your garden's lovely too. Seriously! Sure, it could hardly be called pretty, but it looks like a garden for having adventures in.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #474 on: 26 February, 2015, 07:36:44 am »
I've just been browsing this thread.  Makes me want to have some camping adventures this year!  Especially during the summer, head off early afternoon after work when I'm off the next day, and have a mini adventure!   :smug:  Bicycle, Camping gear and trailer!   :thumbsup: