Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 592212 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #3075 on: 03 September, 2014, 05:34:55 pm »
I was indeed riding down Fetter Lane at about that time in my CELESTE yacf jersey.  And this is indeed my weekday haunt now.

« Reply #3076 on: 03 September, 2014, 07:22:52 pm »
^ ;D

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #3077 on: 05 September, 2014, 01:02:36 pm »
Wowbagger, posting on the Guardian Bike Blog. Does that count?

I think, like Shakespear's plays, the Guardian Bike Blog is written by another man of the same name.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #3078 on: 05 September, 2014, 01:16:37 pm »

I think, like Shakespear's plays, the Guardian Bike Blog is written by another man of the same name.

Wowbagger is Francis Bacon?  Who'd of thought?  I've always had him down as sausage man.

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
« Reply #3079 on: 06 September, 2014, 01:29:21 pm »
Someone with a red/black jersey in a large group of about 12-15 riders near Fotheringhay. Looked a bit like a supported charity ride but  not sure who for. Quite a few riders had white t shirts with a 3 shield design on the front. Maybe a Richard III fan club on their way to his birthplace :-)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3080 on: 06 September, 2014, 02:55:48 pm »

Wowbagger is Francis Bacon?  Who'd of thought?  I've always had him down as sausage man.

I think I follow two people named Peter Walker on Twitter, as well as two or three named Phil Jones and two called Peter Biggs. Peter Coulson seems a popular name in yacf too.

My old brane is not too confused...
...yet!

« Reply #3081 on: 07 September, 2014, 09:08:41 pm »
Someone (male) in a yacf top at the front of a group of about 10 towards Seven Sisters from the Neath/Aberdulais direction around 10:30 this morning.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #3082 on: 08 September, 2014, 04:47:18 pm »
I think I may have just shared a train carriage with someone on the way home from an audax.
I was on the Cardiff to Nottingham train.  It was only when I got up to get off at University that I noticed the bike.  Carridice saddle bag, brooks saddle, dymo hub.  Quickly looked for an obvious owner and realised it must have been the bloke sitting just across from me.
To late to ask, I had to get off.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3083 on: 10 September, 2014, 12:47:05 am »

I think, like *Shakespear's plays, the Guardian Bike Blog is written by another man of the same name.

No, Juan Martin is quite right. Because there is another Peter Walker who contributes to the Graun ,I go under one of my pseudonyms there, viz. "Wowbagger".

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/bike-blog/2014/sep/02/bicycle-repair-taking-apart-first-step-putting-back-together

at 6.43 pm.

*Go to the "Spelling that Makes You Cringe" thread. Go directly to the "Spelling that Makes You Cringe" thread. Do not pass POBI. Do not say "You are $RANDOM_PERSON AICMFP.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3084 on: 10 September, 2014, 09:03:34 am »
Getting there...

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #3085 on: 14 September, 2014, 03:42:23 pm »
Couple on a red (?) tandem.  Captain in an orange YACF top, stoker in pink ditto.  In company with a single rider in white.  Just outside Lechlade on the Saltway by the turn for Southrop just after midday today. Didn't register the YACFness until we'd made the turn for Southrop.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3086 on: 14 September, 2014, 04:18:04 pm »
Would that be simonp & Feline? Just guessing...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3087 on: 14 September, 2014, 04:27:03 pm »
Or davelodwig and Mary?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3088 on: 14 September, 2014, 04:30:56 pm »
Maybe there should be a yacf jersey colour chart snuck away somewhere inaccessible.
I know Feline has a PINK yacf jersey but there aren't very many in circulation.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3089 on: 14 September, 2014, 04:32:43 pm »
Butterfly has a pink jersey, but I don't have an orange one.  Just to add to the confusion, TGL does.  But he's not a tandem pilot.
Getting there...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3090 on: 14 September, 2014, 04:33:17 pm »
You'd also have to work out where TimO is before using it...

red marley

« Reply #3091 on: 14 September, 2014, 04:48:37 pm »
Today, 10:20am approaching Leaden Roding.

You: Black YACF jersey battling with the wind.
Me: Red Croix de Fer top, black and white cap, beard and 'tache (in short: Dalston Rapha Victim) enjoying the tailwind.

« Reply #3092 on: 15 September, 2014, 07:23:00 pm »
Phil, à pied, in Commercial Road this morning.
Brief pleasantries were exchanged, including the suggestion that the E/SE contingent are overdue onna drinks RV.

« Reply #3093 on: 17 September, 2014, 05:02:07 pm »
You'd also have to work out where TimO is before using it...

Ah, but I've never tandemed, and I don't have one in pink.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #3094 on: 18 September, 2014, 09:58:15 am »
i may well spot one or two forumites on a regular basis on my commute, but as I don't yet know any of you I can't be certain....

yesterday I passed a guy in NFTO team kit on a flash black bike taking it easy heading towards Dalton on Sowerby back lane, and another guy on a specialized allez (or similar red bike with white tape on the bars) with a beard (the guy, not the bike) in a dark (likely black, possibly navy) also going that way.

hope to spot tiernat et al on the northallerton ride one of these days!

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3095 on: 18 September, 2014, 02:43:15 pm »
i may well spot one or two forumites on a regular basis on my commute, but as I don't yet know any of you I can't be certain....

yesterday I passed a guy in NFTO team kit on a flash black bike taking it easy heading towards Dalton on Sowerby back lane, and another guy on a specialized allez (or similar red bike with white tape on the bars) with a beard (the guy, not the bike) in a dark (likely black, possibly navy) also going that way.

hope to spot tiernat et al on the northallerton ride one of these days!

It's easy to spot me!

I can, honestly say I am not one of those you saw, but can be, occasionally spotted around that way en velo (I grew up in Sowerby) If you ever see a guy with long hair on a bright green On-One Inbred 29er, or a black Dave Yates, then that is me.

Having said that there will be zero chance of spotting me on a bike this weekend as I will sleeping after the Friday Night Ride to Somewhere Random (Newcastle in this particular case).
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #3096 on: 20 September, 2014, 08:36:52 pm »
SR Steve in Llandrindod today  :thumbsup:

Hope you had a good ride home, even if you didn't manage to do the 2A.
Does not play well with others

rr

« Reply #3097 on: 21 September, 2014, 11:06:54 am »
Today, 10:20am approaching Leaden Roding.

You: Black YACF jersey battling with the wind.
Me: Red Croix de Fer top, black and white cap, beard and 'tache (in short: Dalston Rapha Victim) enjoying the tailwind.

That was me looping back to Chelmsford after doing a section of the Tour route.

Arellcat

• Velonautte
« Reply #3098 on: 23 September, 2014, 07:16:54 pm »
Spotted Sam (Ravenbait) in Aberdeen hightailin' it up Market St towards Union St this evening, onboard her blue Pompino.  I was in disguise as a passenger in a car.
Quote from: Morningsider
I like that you think any of your conveyances might qualify as "a disguise".

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #3099 on: 24 September, 2014, 06:31:10 pm »
Tim H, I believe, in black YACFery, riding south past my flat this e'en.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i