Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 592213 times)

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1100 on: 24 March, 2011, 09:45:22 pm »
MsCharly, on her not-blue-bike-with-big-blue-panniers, as I was heading off from work to go and strip scrap bikes at the bike rescue.

Well, actually she spotted me as she turned into the road where I was waiting at the T junction for the lights, sailed serenely by in the opposite direction and said hello and I did the classic 'away with the fairies sorry what who?' triple take before realising it was her and slightly pathetically saying 'oh hi!' to her disappearing tail lights :)

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #1101 on: 24 March, 2011, 11:00:18 pm »
Groucho and TOBY ogling Marco Pantani's 1998 Mercatone Uno Bianchi in a car showroom in Pontypridd earlier tonight. No, really!

« Reply #1102 on: 25 March, 2011, 12:04:13 am »
Arallsopp at around Lewisham parts. I'm sorry but I had to ruffle his hair, its gotten big. Great to see you  :thumbsup:
His hair is currently awesome  :D

Hair can be awesome?  Damn, I knew I shouldn't have got it cut last week. ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #1103 on: 25 March, 2011, 12:32:45 pm »
Groucho and TOBY ogling Marco Pantani's 1998 Mercatone Uno Bianchi in a car showroom in Pontypridd earlier tonight. No, really!

Strewth.  What are the odds against that?  (Pantani's bike (a) in a car showroom (b) in Ponty ...)  :o

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1104 on: 25 March, 2011, 08:04:42 pm »
Possible spotting of charlie_lcc abotu to head south across Tower Bridge.

Definite spotting of her_welshness at the north end of Tower Bridge, where we arranged to meet for a pleasant pootle along the Thames  :) (north half of my Thames Path Meander ride, but in reverse).

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #1105 on: 25 March, 2011, 08:44:27 pm »
Possible spotting of charlie_lcc abotu to head south across Tower Bridge.

Definite spotting of her_welshness at the north end of Tower Bridge, where we arranged to meet for a pleasant pootle along the Thames  :) (north half of my Thames Path Meander ride, but in reverse).

Ooh did not realise you had spotted Charlie_lcc  :)

That were a great pootle with the redoubtable Andrij, lovely gentle pootle across eastern parts of the Thames, some stopping points to look at various historical bits. I decided to forgo the ride home along the river and went along the A205 towards Lee Green. Good evening  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1106 on: 28 March, 2011, 06:17:54 pm »
Uncle Phil, on the 'bent, going round the roundabout at the bottom of Clifford St. I waved, but he didn't see me, as I was inside our electric truck.  He outran us fairly easily...
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #1107 on: 30 March, 2011, 11:03:47 am »
I suspect the dark-haired chap in the Campag cap and goretex jacket with a ripped right shoulder, riding a blue Roberts with a brown brooks down past Waterloo and on towards Elephant last night may be someone here.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #1108 on: 30 March, 2011, 03:58:21 pm »
On page 7 of the latest Cycle magazine, if I'm not mistaken, is Regulator.

« Reply #1109 on: 02 April, 2011, 12:08:29 am »
I saw Valiant's frend Dave near St Thomas's hospital on Wednesday when I was on my way from the Aquarium with my charges. Unfortunately I was on the bus so I couldn't confuse him by shouting his name ;D.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1110 on: 02 April, 2011, 11:59:19 am »
Yesterday morning, I thought I was riding quite quickly.  As I was setting off from a traffic light, Origamist zoomed past. :)
Getting there...

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #1111 on: 02 April, 2011, 05:18:11 pm »
Just returned from a visit chez Tiermat, where tea was consumed. Hello to Mrs Tiermat & TLD.

Whilst we were shooting the breeze who should turn up but Crinkles, Deano (& 2 others whose names escape me for now) researching the FNRtTH, of which more elsewhere. Cue Tiermat tending to his much overworked coffee maker and conspicuous Wagon Wheel consumption.

A Good Day.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #1112 on: 02 April, 2011, 09:43:39 pm »
tiptop round the corner from our house (examining her front wheel) when I was on the way to the shop to buy bread, then in our living room sorting out a thorn in her front tyre, then eating sausage sarnies as were 'slow'coach, crusty and Deano.  Then SteveGT and MrsGT going the opposite way somewhere after Tollerton (I think, I don't pay much attention to where I am!).  Then Tiermat, MrsT, and the utterly delightful TLD at Tiermat's House of Fine Coffee where I met Torslanda for the first time.

Do I get to shout 'Bingo!' with all that lot?

« Reply #1113 on: 02 April, 2011, 09:44:54 pm »
Same as torslanda and Crinkly ;)

Really surprised (and pleased) to see SteveGT and Mrs GT.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #1114 on: 02 April, 2011, 11:13:53 pm »
It was particularly entertaining to encounter them just an hour or two after we'd all been talking about the fact that we hadn't seen them for ages!

CrinklyLion

« Reply #1115 on: 05 April, 2011, 12:16:53 am »
I'm fairly sure I saw Mr Bunbury, disappearing down Lawrence Street towards Walmgate Bar earlier this evening. 

And I spotted Arch's gang's very yellow Maximus trike in town earlier, ridden by one of her colleagues, and looked round to see if I could spot her but it turns out that she was on a train posting hot busts or something at the time....

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #1116 on: 06 April, 2011, 11:59:13 am »
I'm fairly sure I saw Mr Bunbury, disappearing down Lawrence Street towards Walmgate Bar earlier this evening. 

I'm fairly sure you didn't!  My memory tells me that I didn't go any further north than the uni yesterday.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #1117 on: 06 April, 2011, 12:05:39 pm »
Ah, but this wasn't yesterday, it was Monday.  I think.  The confusion of posting in the wee small hours whilst baking...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1118 on: 06 April, 2011, 09:20:23 pm »
Seen a great pic of Jellied in a magazine.  He's famous. :thumbsup:
Getting there...

« Reply #1119 on: 07 April, 2011, 10:35:29 pm »
Think I saw TomB in the Moss Side area last night about 21.00 (can't remember the exact location).
I was using the "all available lights" approach.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1120 on: 10 April, 2011, 11:13:46 am »
Seen a great pic of Jellied in a magazine.  He's famous. :thumbsup:

Actually, two pics of him.  In the second, he appears to be extracting a 26" inner tube from a 20" tyre ???

He seems to have won an award for being a top person.  We knew that already, of course, but now he's been recognised on a wider scale. :thumbsup:

Extremely modest, too, it seems.
Getting there...

« Reply #1121 on: 10 April, 2011, 11:18:18 am »
Woolly and I met up with AwfulQuiet for a drink on Friday evening.  He brought us a massive bar of Swiss chocolate. What a gent.  :D

« Reply #1122 on: 10 April, 2011, 05:56:11 pm »
Spent an hour or so sitting in the sun near the Albert Memorial, watching a skating lesson. Was that Wendy teaching? Well I wasn't going up to a complete stranger to ask, was I!

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #1123 on: 10 April, 2011, 05:58:24 pm »
Was that Wendy teaching?

Quite likely.

« Reply #1124 on: 10 April, 2011, 06:24:44 pm »
Spent an hour or so sitting in the sun near the Albert Memorial, watching a skating lesson. Was that Wendy teaching? Well I wasn't going up to a complete stranger to ask, was I!

S

Only if I was wearing mostly blue lycra.  There are usually quite a few skaters teaching up there.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.