Author Topic: Post a photo of your bike and a ferry.  (Read 64976 times)

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
Re: Post a photo of your bike and a ferry.
« Reply #250 on: 24 April, 2019, 11:25:49 am »
My bike on board the Batumi - Odessa crossing.  My task for the next 36 hours is to track down the owner of the Thorn
with the Brooks and the Warmshowers stickers - somewhere we have another cyclist on board and he's almost certainly British.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #251 on: 24 April, 2019, 11:27:21 am »
What's more, the two of you appear to have identical taste in rear racks (bar colour)! Enjoy Ukraine.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #252 on: 24 April, 2019, 11:43:50 am »
"He" could be a "she"!

Karla

• car(e) free
« Reply #253 on: 24 April, 2019, 11:58:57 am »
He could be a she, but I'm guessing not based on the geometry of the bike.  I've been keeping an eye out for any telltale tan lines or bike brands among the truckers at lunch aboard, but haven't seen any.  I certainly haven't seen any 6' when though, so am working on the assumption that he is a he.

Whoever s/he is, his/her taste in rear racks is indeed impeccable.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #254 on: 24 April, 2019, 12:08:53 pm »
He could be a she, but I'm guessing not based on the geometry of the bike.  I've been keeping an eye out for any telltale tan lines or bike brands among the truckers at lunch aboard, but haven't seen any.  I certainly haven't seen any 6' when though, so am working on the assumption that he is a he.

Whoever s/he is, his/her taste in rear racks is indeed impeccable.

Intriguing!  I'm hoping there's a element of romance in this situation, the story could make an excellent blockbuster, "Sleepless on the Black Sea"!  Who would you like to play you?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #255 on: 24 April, 2019, 12:12:21 pm »

Don't look up look down: Check the shoes.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #256 on: 24 April, 2019, 12:21:54 pm »

Don't look up look down: Check the shoes.

That's going to work well for the blockbuster: camera pans along the floor and stops when it finds a pair of cycling shoes, battered and dusty from many miles hammering across a 'stan.  The camera pans up to reveal that person of Karla's dreams, romance blossoms, the rest is history...  ;D

Karla

• car(e) free
« Reply #257 on: 24 April, 2019, 01:11:11 pm »
It turns out he is indeed a he and is indeed 6', but he's French and he bought the bike in Thailand.  I'll award myself a C on the Sherlock scale.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #258 on: 31 August, 2019, 07:31:25 pm »

Heading to England 🙂
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #259 on: 31 August, 2019, 08:09:25 pm »
Again, couldn't get my bike in, as queuing on narrow walkway, but the 'Fridays' used the Kings Lynn ferry across the tidal Great Ouse, at the end of last night's ride.    :thumbsup:

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #260 on: 31 August, 2019, 08:13:46 pm »
I was hoping someone would post a photo of that.  I missed the ferry on account of being in the special needs land-lubbing splinter group.

« Reply #261 on: 31 August, 2019, 09:03:48 pm »
I was hoping someone would post a photo of that.  I missed the ferry on account of being in the special needs land-lubbiing splinter group.

I just looked for other riders on Strava (Flybys) and there's some excellent photos of the ferry crossing on there.  :thumbsup:
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

« Reply #262 on: 01 September, 2019, 08:23:09 pm »
On the Quillebeuf Ferry.

IMG_20190815_090608880 by Ian Hennessey, on Flickr

Alexander Turner

• Enough is plenty. Good enough will do.
« Reply #263 on: 01 September, 2019, 08:34:27 pm »
Just came across the thread this evening. I have a few. Here's one from a ride along the North Sea Cycle Route I did with a few mates back in 08/14. We're got the ferry from near Brielle and were heading to the Hook of Holland at the time. Happy daze. 

Alexander Turner

« Reply #264 on: 01 September, 2019, 09:02:36 pm »
One from the New Forest and Isle of Wight 150km audax in 09/07. The ferry from Lymington to Yarmouth. I spy Rich XAB there with the Dulwich shirt on. 

« Reply #265 on: 01 September, 2019, 09:32:29 pm »
One from the New Forest and Isle of Wight 150km audax in 09/07. The ferry from Lymington to Yarmouth. I spy Rich XAB there with the Dulwich shirt on. 

No photos showing.

Alexander Turner

« Reply #266 on: 01 September, 2019, 11:03:36 pm »

No photos showing.
Thanks. Think I've sorted that now.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

« Reply #267 on: 02 September, 2019, 07:27:37 am »

No photos showing.
Thanks. Think I've sorted that now.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

It's currently returning 500 Internal Server Error
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #268 on: 02 September, 2019, 09:19:42 am »
Photos showing for me.

I have a vague feeling I recognise the bloke in orange behind "Rich XAB with the Dulwich shirt on" in the second photo. Looks like a guy I know (notp) called Andy. Might just be coincidence though.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #269 on: 12 October, 2019, 09:42:46 pm »
Gourock ferry!

« Reply #270 on: 16 October, 2019, 10:45:39 am »
Craply lit picture of my bike (obscured by someone elses) on the AUkland to Coromandel ferry in January 2016.

That bicycle (Surly LHT) is well ferried now. On that trip, it also went on a river shuttle down the Whanganui River and the North/South Island crossing Wellington to Picton. Closer to home, Lymington to Yarmouth, Portsmouth to Cherbourg and Caen to Portsmouth. Proper sea legs. 

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #271 on: 16 October, 2019, 11:17:07 am »
Mrs P boarding the Westerschelde ferry at Breskens.

IMG_3614_01 by The Pingus, on Flickr

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #272 on: 16 October, 2019, 01:36:36 pm »
My bike (far left) on that same ferry on its way to the Arctic Circle in 2016

et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #273 on: 05 February, 2020, 02:37:27 pm »
We've had teh Woolwich Ferry before, but in this we have a bike onna ferry wiv a ferry. It was only as I rode off that I realised I should have got a plane landing in London City, too, to capture another transport modality.

« Reply #274 on: 28 September, 2020, 10:03:33 am »
The Renfrew Ferry, with a seal swimming passed in the background.  I was really surprised to see a seal so far upstream

IMG_2525 by sg310, on Flickr