Author Topic: Need a replacement v-brake/canti stud - ideas?  (Read 2980 times)

Need a replacement v-brake/canti stud - ideas?
« on: 26 April, 2008, 07:35:54 am »
When removing the front brake from my 2004 Specialized Sirrus Comp (carbon cross-type fork) one of the studs unscrewed with the brake and I had to mangle the threads to get the brake arm off it  ::-)

(it looks like this: http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/BR309Z00-Replacement+Cantilever+Stud.aspx)

Anyone got a clue where to get a replacement stud in the UK? I don't have an LBS that would even know what one of these was and I'm trying to avoid calling Specialized as I know for sure it will be one of those depressing "explain what I want 10 times just to be told it's obsolete and the part is discontinued" experiences  :demon:

Neil

Re: Need a replacement v-brake/canti stud - ideas?
« Reply #1 on: 26 April, 2008, 09:27:06 am »
IS this what you need?

There are two thread sizes, M8 and M10 so be careful you get the right one.   I would expect even a numpty LBS to have such things in the spares box though they might not be petty.   

I don't know where you are located but any half decent bike shop or definitely a frame builder should be able to supply you. 

sas

• Penguin power
    • My Flickr Photos
« Reply #2 on: 26 April, 2008, 11:27:36 pm »
Are they specific to your forks? Iddu sent me some old V-brake posts a couple months ago, I only used two so there's two spare.
I am nothing and should be everything

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3 on: 27 April, 2008, 02:33:41 pm »
Just order it from the USA, if they'll ship.  No duty or VAT if it's under £18 including shipping.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.