Author Topic: Weird course `displacement` on SD card Edge 705  (Read 1191 times)

Weird course `displacement` on SD card Edge 705
« on: 15 October, 2015, 09:56:15 am »
Can anyone explain this :

I copied 10 courses on the Edge internal memory onto the SD card---Garmin City nav; all courses worked fine with internal memory but when on SD card the location of the courses, start point, was shifted by 48 km  ::-) ::-)

I`ve now copied those courses back off SD card onto internal memory and the start points are where they`re meant to be ie at home, not 48km away !!!

Any explanations? Could SD card be corrupted, but it does give correct roads etc !!  I am baffled
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

Re: Weird course `displacement` on SD card Edge 705
« Reply #1 on: 15 October, 2015, 10:22:03 am »
Dooh !

SD means "Sideways Displacement".

« Reply #2 on: 15 October, 2015, 02:57:00 pm »
Dooh !

probably not the most helpful of responses I`m afraid
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3 on: 15 October, 2015, 03:00:39 pm »
That's seriously mysterious.  Especially if the same file gives the correct results after copying back to internal memory (which would seem to rule out corruption of the data, and therefore anything the SD card could reasonably be expected to cause directly).

If it's reproducible, I'd be inclined to think firmware bug.

« Reply #4 on: 15 October, 2015, 04:55:35 pm »
I have situation where the identical courses (tcx) exist on SD card and internal memory but those on SD card start 48km away from start point ie home !!

I have deleted all courses from SD card and then recopied back across from internal memory and have exactly same situation again  ::-)

« Reply #5 on: 16 October, 2015, 06:50:36 am »
Dooh !

probably not the most helpful of responses I`m afraid

Appropriate though.  :thumbsup: