Author Topic: Wanted - bar mount for etrax vista/legend H/CX for standard bars  (Read 1360 times)

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
This is the standard bar mount for teh current (!) vista/legend H/CX model (not the mount for older models which is integrated into the back of the GPS unit). I seem to have lost mine. Any out there no longer required on voyage?

Re: Wanted - bar mount for etrax vista/legend H/CX for standard bars
« Reply #1 on: 10 May, 2016, 06:24:52 am »
I have a pair of mounts for Garmin GPSmap 64s. Unused, still in packets.

Are they the same?

« Reply #2 on: 10 May, 2016, 07:34:48 am »
manotea - do you mean this clip or this bracket?

There's also the large-diameter bracket of course.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #3 on: 10 May, 2016, 08:52:02 am »
The large-diameter one (search Amazon) is better I think - a bit more rubber between GPS and bars, and also in crowded situations it helps to pack stuff closer together around the bar/stem junction.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

« Reply #4 on: 10 May, 2016, 09:18:37 pm »
The small-diameter one is for the standard bars that we all rode in the 80s. The large-diameter one is for the size that is now almost universal.

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #5 on: 10 May, 2016, 11:26:11 pm »
Thats the chap. If push comes to shove I'll have to buy one. Its to go on some old skool Nitto Grand Rando bars. Most bars seem to be black nowadays but I fancied some silver bars for a bike I'm setting up and Ive always fancied trying the funky nitto grand rando shape. Hopefully it will work well for fixers, also, as its going on an all steel frame and forks combo, the smaller diameter will hopefully provide a bit of of flex/cushioning.

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #6 on: 11 May, 2016, 08:48:37 pm »
The small-diameter one is for the standard bars that we all rode in the 80s. The large-diameter one is for the size that is now almost universal.
Depends on whether you want it next to the stem clamp, or further off to the sides, on the narrower part of the bar.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #7 on: 25 May, 2016, 09:08:31 pm »
I have at least one.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.