Author Topic: The House that Anth Built  (Read 4812 times)

blackpuddinonnabike

The House that Anth Built
« on: 14 April, 2008, 09:34:04 am »
Okay, so it's a small house, but I had some spare wood lying around and had been meaning to do this for ages!

The hole is a fit for Blue Tits or Coal Tits (we get a few of both and would like some more - the sparrows seem to be doing quite well enough for themselves!).

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Re: The House that Anth Built
« Reply #1 on: 14 April, 2008, 11:09:21 am »
Do you want to borrow the nest box video camera? Mine is currently redundant as the apple tree was removed over teh winter.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

border-rider

« Reply #2 on: 14 April, 2008, 11:12:23 am »
Very good

I did this about 12 years ago and we have blue tits in the boxes every year.  Not even disturbed by us building a conservatory under them

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #3 on: 14 April, 2008, 01:49:56 pm »
Do you want to borrow the nest box video camera? Mine is currently redundant as the apple tree was removed over teh winter.

..d

ooh! How does that work then? (Do I need a big long cable?)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #4 on: 14 April, 2008, 01:53:11 pm »

..d

ooh! How does that work then? (Do I need a big long cable?)

How long is long?

It is a small video camera on a circuit board with a microphone. The cable that connects to it is about 12m long and carries power and the video/sound signal.

All that is needed in the nest box is a couple of battens to place it on. The camera output can either plug into a TV or a video capture card on a PC (I have a spare card). I want to replace the cable with coax as that will give better composite video transmission.

It is probably a bit late for this year, but a distinct possibility for next year.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes