Author Topic: If the police mess up your fingerprints, do you have to give them some more?  (Read 2938 times)

librarian

• Quiet please
I'm not worried about having future crimes pinned on me - not planning on any robberies, assaults etc. But there might be future benefits from having good relations with that station. So I'll go willingly. I think it would be churlish not to; they treated me with kindness and consideration when they nicked me.

And some of the burds there are well fit.  :P

By the way, my reading of the law is that they can compel me to make an appointment to turn up, and if I don't turn up I can be arrested. I don't see the point of making myself arrestable again. I really wouldn't enjoy feeling arrestable, even of they never come for me. Every knock at the door could be my personal piss-filled paddy wagon.

And I assume they could visit any time of the day, and I'm not a morning person.

The burden of the paperwork when they arrest you gives them no choice but to fling you in the dungeon for several hours while they fill out forms. And if you have the misfortune to be arrested when the station's busy you might join the queue to be interviewed and spend 12 hours in the dungeon with no telly, no sofa, no fridge, no phone, no MP3 player, no belt and nothing to read but graffiti.

It just isn't any fun being arrested.