Author Topic: Help!  (Read 1356 times)

Help!
« on: 20 August, 2015, 11:29:27 am »
I blame the sleep dep, but struggling to export the two halves of my PBP track into a usable format.  Ideally looking to knit together too, but that's gravy...

I had problems with the power lead for my Garmin, so logged everything on my iPhone into ridewithgps, having made the in-app purchase to turn on all of the features.  See:
http://ridewithgps.com/trips/6134430 &:
http://ridewithgps.com/trips/6160414

The export files seem to be borked in just about every tool I know and that TCX, TCX history and GPX all tried.  Any bright ideas before it gets to the text editor stage?

Thanks,

Andy
'Accumulating kilometres in the roughest road conditions'...

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: 20 August, 2015, 11:37:27 am »
They seem fine to me, I exported the GPX (without any of the options) from RideWithGPS and imported them into BikeRouteToaster and all looks good.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #2 on: 20 August, 2015, 11:38:34 am »
If you download Garmin Basecamp (it's free) there is a function in there to knit tracks.
it isn't intuitive software to use unfortunately, but it can knit the data keeping intact heart rate and cadence.
I did this successfully with my LEL and all my 600 tracks.

« Reply #3 on: 20 August, 2015, 11:50:10 am »
Hmm, I can't view the GPX in BRT.  Wonder if it's a text file / mac issue as I'm using my wife's macbook.  Haven't done any editing of the file though...

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #4 on: 20 August, 2015, 12:39:19 pm »
Any bright ideas before it gets to the text editor stage?

For GPX files, text editor would be my natural and ideal first port of call.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #5 on: 20 August, 2015, 12:51:28 pm »
Exporting the GPX tracks from RideWithGPS works fine for me.
Then I loaded them into Basecamp, and joined them together, no problems.

Note they are rather large GPX files (8MB, 60000 points each), so some software may struggle to cope.

« Reply #6 on: 20 August, 2015, 01:06:34 pm »
Poked around in text editor and the files appear to be truncating, so think it's a comms issue this end.

Thanks for the input all.