Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Rides and Touring / Re: Salisbury Plain Training Area
« Last post by tonyh on Today at 02:48:06 pm »
Latest (Friday 28 March) from the St Giles website:

"EASTER OPENING IS CONFIRMED

Imber and St Giles will be open between Saturday 30th March and Monday 1st April inclusive as planned.

There are no road access restrictions except that the American Road (VP1) to and from Heytesbury will definitely not be open to traffic.

The DIO advise that drivers should exercise extreme caution at all times and should keep below the 30MPH speed limit for their own safety.  Where there is water there are likely to be concealed deep potholes.  You have been warned !

Please keep watching this page for updates which we will provide here if there is anything further to report.

Imber and St Giles will be open between Saturday 30th March and Monday 1st April inclusive as planned."
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by barakta on Today at 02:38:38 pm »
Further reporting shows the photographer in that school took pics before the disabled children arrived, which suggests the school is partially culpable as well as the photographer.

Sadly various disabled people and parents of disabled people are saying they suspect some parents have asked for disabled-children free shots...

This is almost certainly not the first time this has happened.
Gallery / Re: Your bike workshop
« Last post by T42 on Today at 02:37:09 pm »
How do you keep the sawdust off the bike side?

I have some pretty powerful dust extraction (it runs in trunking under the wall cabinets) with hoses and blast-gates to connect machines (the mitre saw now has a "box shroud" round it)
There's an air-filter/catcher on the ceiling that fires up when machines and the extraction are running, then continues for about 15  minutes
My 3 bikes that are stored there hang up on the back of the front doors and have covers slipped over them
It all works pretty but the cycle side bench/tool wall gets cleaned with a Henry if necessary

. .  and a lot of the sawing I do outside on a knock-down bench, using a track-saw.

Right.  I have just a Screwfix 45€ vacuum cleaner on the far side of the wall on a remote control, with ~8 metres of hose that hangs on bungee cords from the ceiling and gets shifted to whatever tool I'm using as appropriate.  A bit makeshift but largely functional. You can see this wonder halfway down on the right, connected to a plane.

For woodwork I mostly use the second bench in the middle, with drill, bandsaw and bench sanders on roll-out trolleys on the left.  There's a bike maintenance corner on the right at the back.  The carpet's a bit tatty but it keeps my feet from freezing in winter.

Truth be told, I haven't felt much like doing woodwork for 18 months or so.  There's a few things I'd like to do but I just can't be arsed.

eBrute at the front.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: What are you streaming at the moment…
« Last post by T42 on Today at 01:26:37 pm »
I've been chugging my way through the Chinese series.

Where are you finding it?  I'm using a Chinese YT channel but they put in the TV adverts.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 01:24:33 pm »
Confusion - The Electric Light Orchestra
The Pub / Re: Little Eye On The Crazy World Of Foreigners
« Last post by T42 on Today at 01:23:09 pm »
Lassie on the train from Paris to Quimper couldn't keep quiet about the kilo of heroin she was carrying.  Unfortunately, one of the people within earshot was a gendarme.

Turned out she hadn't paid for her ticket either.

https://www.sudouest.fr/faits-divers/elle-transporte-plus-d-un-kilo-d-heroine-dans-le-train-et-s-en-vante-a-un-autre-voyageur-gendarme-de-profession-19108418.php
« Last post by spesh on Today at 12:46:42 pm »
He's a Woman - She's a Man ~ The Scorpions
The Pub / Re: Little Eye On The Crazy World Of Foreigners
« Last post by Kim on Today at 12:33:41 pm »
Hedgehogs feature in this impressive list of Hungarian vulgarities:

https://www.thepoke.com/2023/03/17/hungarians-top-the-global-insult-leaderboard/

I was expecting something more Pratchett-esque.
« Last post by Robh on Today at 12:26:58 pm »
Girls and Boys - Blur
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 12:20:23 pm »
The Saturday Boy ~ Billy Bragg
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10