Author Topic: [LEL17] A thread for registration problems  (Read 15019 times)

Smeth

• less Grimpeur than Whimpeur...
Re: A thread for registration problems
« Reply #25 on: 06 January, 2017, 08:08:19 pm »
now I need to work out how to pay the entry fee...

The oldest profession?

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #26 on: 06 January, 2017, 08:18:31 pm »
I'm a foreign entrant (US). After entering on the LEL website, I'm provided bank details for alternative LEL accounts in pounds and dollars.

I will use Transferwise to pay. Would LEL prefer me to pay exactly UKP319 into their pounds account (Transferwise calculates and performs the exchange), or for me to pay in dollars into the dollars account (and if so, how much)?

I've no preference - whatever works best for the organization.

You may know that I am the money man and have not been around for some weeks ( back at home less than 3 hours ago).. so final communication about paying for overseas riders in foreign currencies might have got overlooked. We chose to have currency accounts available to reduce costs for overseas riders .. and we have put a little on the direct exchange rate to cover both the slight currency risk that we will take and also our conversion cost when we do convert. Let me catch up with Danial tomorrow and work out how to get currency options into your choices .. then frankly we leave the choice to you .. do whatever works best for you
Roger
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #27 on: 06 January, 2017, 08:19:36 pm »
The oldest profession?

;D

At the rate I would be able to charge for my services, I would have to work 24hrs a day between now and July to raise the £319, which wouldn't exactly leave me in a fit state to do the ride.

Fortunately, my problems are more technical than financial. I will be able to sort it out in time.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Chris S

« Reply #28 on: 06 January, 2017, 08:23:14 pm »
Didn't work for me either - they must be using the official Post Office post code parser  ;).

Ah well - not worth getting in a lather about.

« Reply #29 on: 06 January, 2017, 08:28:17 pm »
I'm a foreign entrant (US). After entering on the LEL website, I'm provided bank details for alternative LEL accounts in pounds and dollars.

I will use Transferwise to pay. Would LEL prefer me to pay exactly UKP319 into their pounds account (Transferwise calculates and performs the exchange), or for me to pay in dollars into the dollars account (and if so, how much)?

You may know that I am the money man and have not been around for some weeks ( back at home less than 3 hours ago).. so final communication about paying for overseas riders in foreign currencies might have got overlooked. We chose to have currency accounts available to reduce costs for overseas riders .. and we have put a little on the direct exchange rate to cover both the slight currency risk that we will take and also our conversion cost when we do convert. Let me catch up with Danial tomorrow and work out how to get currency options into your choices .. then frankly we leave the choice to you .. do whatever works best for you
Roger

The email message acknowledging entry didn't specify the fee in anything other than UKPounds. No worries, I'll leave it a few days and if I hear no more then just pay in UKPounds.

Thanks for the quick response and staying on top of all this.

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #30 on: 06 January, 2017, 08:57:03 pm »

Roger

The email message acknowledging entry didn't specify the fee in anything other than UKPounds. No worries, I'll leave it a few days and if I hear no more then just pay in UKPounds.

Thanks for the quick response and staying on top of all this.

Maybe needs a money man to spot all the combinations that we have overlooked ( and not sure I would have got them all anyway ) .. AUK members with "unusual " post codes.. or those wishing to pay using the currency accounts that were specifically opened to help them etc etc .. good job that this surfaced now.. when we have 2 weeks to get you over the line as a fully paid up entrant.. and before the last mad scramble for the residual places.. when we might easily have generated a lot of ill will and frustration

Angstbremser

• Zwei Minuten einwirken lassen
  • not the nature of Audax
« Reply #31 on: 06 January, 2017, 09:00:25 pm »
Good evening!

It won't let me register either. It would seem that in the days of yore when I first got a membership my postcode got stored with my city while my postcode field was left empty.

Now if I leave the postcode entry empty in the checkout form it won't let me register because postcode is a required field and if I enter anything into the field (such as a single space) it won't let me register because my postcode does not match the early entry data. I'm in a bit of a fix here.

And while we're at it, Mrs Angstbremser successfully registered but only received a mail with the due amount in Pound Sterling and not in Euro.

Ciao, Gernot

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk

« Reply #32 on: 06 January, 2017, 09:13:01 pm »
With all these folks reporting problems I was very pleasantly surprised to find that I was able to process my entry from an Android phone just on roaming data (no wi-fi).
Big  :thumbsup: to Alwyn, philW, fidgetbuzz & the team.y

Smeth

• less Grimpeur than Whimpeur...
« Reply #33 on: 06 January, 2017, 09:22:58 pm »

+1. Thanks team. And two weeks to sort issues. Well planned.

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #34 on: 06 January, 2017, 09:39:18 pm »
2013 .. all 750 place sold in hours .. hells bells what are we going to do now.. candle burning , head scratching , midnight oil .. all turned out OK in the end, I think

2017 .. snags on overseas addresses, failure to quote all currency options ..but  with a bit of  "candle burning , head scratching , midnight oil ".. all WILL turn out well in the end.... BUT .. thank God we have this 2 week window to tidy up snags before the final fracas for the residual places.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #35 on: 06 January, 2017, 09:47:03 pm »

^^ This. From my point of view a very slick operation.  Thanks.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #36 on: 06 January, 2017, 10:27:28 pm »
2013 .. all 750 place sold in hours .. hells bells what are we going to do now.. candle burning , head scratching , midnight oil .. all turned out OK in the end, I think
2017 .. snags on overseas addresses, failure to quote all currency options ..but  with a bit of  "candle burning , head scratching , midnight oil ".. all WILL turn out well in the end.... BUT .. thank God we have this 2 week window to tidy up snags before the final fracas for the residual places.
;D
Thx Roger.

Feel a lot easier now I know I'm not the only one.
Live is pain - and it 'll get worse if you're aiming for comfort.

« Reply #37 on: 06 January, 2017, 10:52:19 pm »
We seem to be having difficulties with non-UK postcodes and surnames with apostrophes. We also need to get some additional payment details out to some riders.

None of these problems are insurmountable. However Phil is out tonight and riding a 200 tomorrow. I'm sure we'll work out a solution once he's back, so please bear with us.

« Reply #38 on: 07 January, 2017, 06:08:17 am »
However Phil is out tonight and riding a 200 tomorrow.
This says it all really.

« Reply #39 on: 07 January, 2017, 06:58:36 am »
However Phil is out tonight and riding a 200 tomorrow.
This says it all really.

A person has to have priorities, you know.  Phil's seem to be right.

LMT

« Reply #40 on: 07 January, 2017, 10:06:28 am »
Re: post code issues. Enter the postcode as it shows from the auk website, perhaps the postcode is case sensitive?

« Reply #41 on: 07 January, 2017, 12:40:31 pm »
Thanks to a prompt and helpful email from the LEL team (thank you!) it turns out the solution to the problem "Audax UK membership number does not match details held in early entry list" is to...

...not key in my AUK membership number  ;D
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #42 on: 07 January, 2017, 01:51:25 pm »
 "guaranteed entry" is borked at the moment ( Saturday 13:50 )

I put all the details into the checkout form exactly as they appeared in the email three times.  On each occasion it timed out  even though I did it all pretty quick

I saw someone elses postcode appear in the auto fill form the second time

The password strength requirements seem ridiculously OTT

Try again next weekend I think  ;D

« Reply #43 on: 07 January, 2017, 02:04:17 pm »
Thanks to a prompt and helpful email from the LEL team (thank you!) it turns out the solution to the problem "Audax UK membership number does not match details held in early entry list" is to...

...not key in my AUK membership number  ;D

You would have to be a qualifying AUK for the system to accept your AUK number. If it hasn't accepted your number, then my guess is that you hadn't renewed your AUK membership in time.

« Reply #44 on: 07 January, 2017, 02:08:18 pm »
Still not accepting my French postcode.

C'est la vie.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #45 on: 07 January, 2017, 02:10:53 pm »
You would have to be a qualifying AUK for the system to accept your AUK number. If it hasn't accepted your number, then my guess is that you hadn't renewed your AUK membership in time.
...and that therefore by leaving it out it didn't attempt to verify a match on that (which would give a 'computer says no') and instead gave Wobbly a match on his other qualifying criteria?  That makes sense.

« Reply #46 on: 07 January, 2017, 02:16:50 pm »
...and that therefore by leaving it out it didn't attempt to verify a match on that (which would give a 'computer says no') and instead gave Wobbly a match on his other qualifying criteria?  That makes sense.

Yes. You might be on our guaranteed entry list, which uses slightly different criteria to check. if you were on that list, but not a qualifying AUK, if you tried to use your (non-qualifying) membership number it would reject your application.

redfalo

• known as Olaf in the real world
    • Cycling Intelligence
« Reply #47 on: 07 January, 2017, 08:36:45 pm »

Roger

I suspect that everyone is better off if Transwerwise users pay to the pounds account. The fee charged by Transferweise - which, at 0.5%, is relatively reasonable - will be the same for the rider. Paying in pounds means Transferwise does the currency conversion at the mid-market rate, which is the best one you can get. If LEL orgs change the US Dollar from their account into Sterling, I suspect the bank on the LEL side taking its cut.
If you can't convince, confuse.

https://cycling-intelligence.com/ - my blog on cycling, long distances and short ones

« Reply #48 on: 07 January, 2017, 08:54:42 pm »

Yes. You might be on our guaranteed entry list, which uses slightly different criteria to check. if you were on that list, but not a qualifying AUK, if you tried to use your (non-qualifying) membership number it would reject your application.

Aye - Wobbly's tweet (referred to up there^^^ somewhere) indicates that though he is now an AUK in good standing, his renewal wasn't quite in time to ensure he was on the eligibility list sent to you on the 1st ...

Good to know that simply omitting the membership number meant all the other details matched appropriately.

chillmoister

• King of Compton
« Reply #49 on: 07 January, 2017, 11:33:11 pm »

I came across the same issue; I sponsored the film and have also the required AUK membership length ....it seems that the AUK membership number is checked first / has precedent if it is present. AUK has me as Pete as opposed to Peter (as per the 'film' place email)...took a couple of mins to work that one out  :thumbsup:
appearing in a tea room near you