Author Topic: [LEL17] Guest at controls  (Read 2089 times)

[LEL17] Guest at controls
« on: 17 July, 2017, 01:50:49 pm »
I could not find anything on the LEL web site nor here: Is it possible for guests to enter a control? I have a friend who lives close to Spalding and she wants to come over for a chat (not for food or drink) and we don't want to meet "on the road".

Re: Guest at controls
« Reply #1 on: 17 July, 2017, 02:12:02 pm »
I received an email on 9th July which included...

Carry your brevet or pass in controls
We will only allow riders and official supporters to enter controls. You must carry your brevet or official supporter pass when you visit a control, to show you are part of the ride.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2 on: 17 July, 2017, 02:25:27 pm »
I don't think it is reasonable to allow members of the general public into controls, for security reasons.
Suggest you arrange to meet your friend in a café nearby.

« Reply #3 on: 17 July, 2017, 02:31:21 pm »
Covered in FAQ under Can I bring a support vehicle?

https://londonedinburghlondon.com/faq/

Only registered supporters vehicles and their supporters will be allowed into controls, or to use control car parks.  All registered support vehicles and their supporters will receive a badge that identifies them as registered support. Supporters must wear their badge at all times when in controls, and must display their support vehicle’s badge in the vehicle’s front window.

Whether anyone arrives by vehicle (car), foot or cycle, the 'supporter' description would seem valid to your question.

Wise move to prevent anyone just sauntering around controls for whatever purpose they may wish to saunter around that might be perfectly legitimate or might be less legitimate.

« Reply #4 on: 17 July, 2017, 03:08:36 pm »
When browsing the FAQ I skipped the section about supporting vehicles, as my friend would not come by car  ...  but I understand the reasons not to allow anyone in.

alfapete

• Oh dear
« Reply #5 on: 17 July, 2017, 08:18:00 pm »
... but you're only likely to get a stern talking to inside the building.
If the weather's okay a good chat in the car park is unlikely to be a problem We don't have enough volunteers to police this very rigidly.
alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: 18 July, 2017, 05:42:43 pm »
I could not find anything on the LEL web site nor here: Is it possible for guests to enter a control? I have a friend who lives close to Spalding and she wants to come over for a chat (not for food or drink) and we don't want to meet "on the road".

The Ivy Wall Wetherspoons in Spalding: your friend might not want it, but you will want food, drink and have been fantasising about lovely 'spoons offerings for the preceding 150km  ;D

Railings right outside to lock your bike to.

« Reply #7 on: 19 July, 2017, 04:50:21 pm »
Inside the control - the answer is no.
At Spalding, we have a cricket pitch outside the control which is in use on the Sunday of the event........if it were a nice day, ud be welcome to meet there......id probably even bring u a chair. And ur food......and a cuppa
The Ivy Wall isn't a bad call either......