Author Topic: Three Glens Explorer  (Read 17044 times)

Re: Three Glens Explorer
« Reply #125 on: 20 September, 2010, 04:10:08 pm »
Sounds like an enjoyable day out for most, if slightly sore for others....hope Cpt Zep and MIA make a sppedy recovery.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #126 on: 20 September, 2010, 07:30:40 pm »
...I've just got some roadrash on my shoulder and elbow; some bruises in the making; a ruined helmet, jacket, brand-new jersey and brake lever cover.  Pretty lucky really...

Glad to hear you're OK, Ryan. Thankfully it wasn't this jersey:

:P

Scoosh

• Happy velocouchiste
« Reply #127 on: 20 September, 2010, 09:38:19 pm »
Despite the wet ::-), it was a great ride - thoroughly enjoyed it.  ;D

This was definitely a "Fuelled by Muffins" ride, so full marks for the before-, during- and after- ride catering  :thumbsup:

Best wishes to Alan and Ryan for speedy recoveries - both sound rather more painful than I would wish on anyone  :o.

Thanks, Neil - same again next year ???
'It takes a wonderful brain and exquisite senses to produce a few stupid ideas'
~ George Santayana

« Reply #128 on: 21 September, 2010, 08:11:27 pm »
Lost property - one red jersey, found in an envelope addressed to Captain Zep. Not as exclusive a design as the one he was wearing today, but it does seem to be devoid of ripped shoulders.

Also - one water bottle, opaque white with black sides - and unlike the jersey this one didn't come in an envelope with an address, so if its your's then let me know.

Hi Neil
 The bottle is mine, no worries about it I've got plenty spare.I always like to forget at least on thing any time I'm at an event.

Once again thanks to you and the team for putting on the event,just a pity I did not get a chance to spend more time stuffing my face after the event but the call of the train home was too much.

Alan hope it is not hurting too much..get well soon :thumbsup:

Cheers
Roberto

« Reply #129 on: 21 September, 2010, 09:48:44 pm »
 :(  Checked bike again today.  Carbon forks cracked.  :(  I must have ridden about 100km like that - not quite "A Berwick", but with my torn clothes, I'm starting to look like him.  :hand:

« Reply #130 on: 21 September, 2010, 10:06:41 pm »
:(  Checked bike again today.  Carbon forks cracked.  :(  I must have ridden about 100km like that - not quite "A Berwick", but with my torn clothes, I'm starting to look like him.  :hand:

Yikes!!

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
« Reply #131 on: 21 September, 2010, 10:08:04 pm »
Dunno if that a "Yikes" at the cracked forks or the thought of there being two George Berwicks :o

Where abouts are the forks cracked?
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

« Reply #132 on: 21 September, 2010, 10:09:01 pm »
Dunno if that a "Yikes" at the cracked forks or the thought of there being two George Berwicks :o

Actually, I'm not sure either.

« Reply #133 on: 21 September, 2010, 11:25:00 pm »
Where abouts are the forks cracked?

One leg, near the top.  One crack around the circumference.  Where the carbon meets the aluminium internally?

An expensive two points for me.  :'(

Scoosh

• Happy velocouchiste
« Reply #134 on: 22 September, 2010, 09:42:12 am »
... including that lovely descent after the car park control  ......  :o  :o

'Looking like him' is one thing;
Riding like him is another  :thumbsup:

So Man Up and get on yer bike !   :-*
'It takes a wonderful brain and exquisite senses to produce a few stupid ideas'
~ George Santayana

« Reply #135 on: 27 September, 2010, 07:52:35 pm »
Cap'n
Will you be at the Etal? If yes I will bring the jersey. If not PM me with your address and I will post or bring it over. Sorry about the forks and trust you are now OK.
Bodach

« Reply #136 on: 27 September, 2010, 10:14:14 pm »
Cap'n
Will you be at the Etal? If yes I will bring the jersey. If not PM me with your address and I will post or bring it over. Sorry about the forks and trust you are now OK.
Bodach

Thanks Bodach.  I never got around to entering the event until after my crash, then thought I gie it a by for the moment.  To tell the truth, after the jersey was washed, it didn't look so bad after all.....I have a cunning plan.....