Author Topic: AUK AGM & Reunion - Who's Going?  (Read 39643 times)

Re: AUK AGM & Reunion - Who's Going?
« Reply #250 on: 30 November, 2010, 02:49:54 pm »
Great weekend. +1 to the thanks already posted to Pam and Dave Pilbeam and to Alan for all their hard work.

Great company too; super walk on Saturday, thanks to Ann; and thanks to Tony for carrying my bag (long story.

Stayed an extra night in a super B&B (very cheap) which I can heartily recommend - he can take a few bikes too. It's called http://www.romleyhouse.co.uk/. Walked absolutely everywhere in a magical York, snow rising rapidly from 1pm. Went to the Advent service in the Minster ('fraid I don't usually attend) and it was so atmospheric with the choir singing in a dark, but for the candles, church.

Winter wonderland returning through York gates at 8:30pm and began to wonder if I would get home OK. I was extremely lucky and had a very good journey on a very late train (according to timetable) but 'just in time' for me  :thumbsup:

Sad to hear about Robert's accident; pleased to hear others all arrived safely home - was thinking about Lucy and Dick, so good to hear Lucy's account.

Cheers everyone  :) Off to the physio now, hopefully to sort my neck out  :'(
Behold the turtle - he only makes progress if he sticks his neck out.

DanialW

« Reply #251 on: 30 November, 2010, 02:57:51 pm »
Good to see you again, LV!

megajoules expenditure

« Reply #252 on: 30 November, 2010, 07:26:09 pm »
Glad you enjoyed your extra day.Hope the physio fixes your neck ok.

Pedal Up 8)

MJ

Great weekend. +1 to the thanks already posted to Pam and Dave Pilbeam and to Alan for all their hard work.

Great company too; super walk on Saturday, thanks to Ann; and thanks to Tony for carrying my bag (long story.

Stayed an extra night in a super B&B (very cheap) which I can heartily recommend - he can take a few bikes too. It's called http://www.romleyhouse.co.uk/. Walked absolutely everywhere in a magical York, snow rising rapidly from 1pm. Went to the Advent service in the Minster ('fraid I don't usually attend) and it was so atmospheric with the choir singing in a dark, but for the candles, church.

Winter wonderland returning through York gates at 8:30pm and began to wonder if I would get home OK. I was extremely lucky and had a very good journey on a very late train (according to timetable) but 'just in time' for me  :thumbsup:

Sad to hear about Robert's accident; pleased to hear others all arrived safely home - was thinking about Lucy and Dick, so good to hear Lucy's account.

Cheers everyone  :) Off to the physio now, hopefully to sort my neck out  :'(