Author Topic: Audax UK logo competition  (Read 13500 times)

DanialW

Re: Audax UK logo competition
« Reply #50 on: 02 June, 2011, 01:35:45 pm »
A final reminder that entries for the AUK logo competition close today.

I'll be posting all the entries to committee members tomorrow lunchtime, printing off entries tomorrow morning. So, if you're pushed for time, I might be able to accept entries as late as tomorrow up until midday though. No promises though, so please get your entry to me by midnight tonight to be guaranteed that it's included.

I've had about fifteen entries so far, and I'm expecting a few more tonight.

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
« Reply #51 on: 02 June, 2011, 03:04:06 pm »
Hi Daniel. Is there any possibility we can see all the entries ?

Also is it a peoples vote or the committees decision on the final design logo ?

DanialW

« Reply #52 on: 02 June, 2011, 03:09:24 pm »

I think that to post them all on YACF would perhaps be unfair to those that don't use YACF. At the moment, the plan is for the committee to make a decision, though of course they may decide to open it out to popular vote. If they do, then it would have to be done via Arrivee as a minimum.

There is, of course, nothing to stop anyone who has entered to post their entry on here.

« Reply #53 on: 02 June, 2011, 09:14:21 pm »

I think that to post them all on YACF would perhaps be unfair to those that don't use YACF. At the moment, the plan is for the committee to make a decision, though of course they may decide to open it out to popular vote. If they do, then it would have to be done via Arrivee as a minimum.

There is, of course, nothing to stop anyone who has entered to post their entry on here.

What possible harm can come from posting them?  Link to the post from the mailing list and everybody will be happy.  Feedback either way from the many AUKs on here can only help the committee make a decision, surely?.

DanialW

« Reply #54 on: 02 June, 2011, 11:02:55 pm »
Absolutely. So if anyone wants to post their submission - feel free!

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #55 on: 03 June, 2011, 12:20:54 am »
As much as I would like to post my submissions on here, I think it would be fairer to put them all together on one post rather than have people post up an incomplete list

(and yes I am nosy what other logos were submitted  ;D)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #56 on: 03 June, 2011, 12:33:53 am »
It would actually be nice if the submissions were to be posted without stating whose is which.
Chief cat entertainer.

DanialW

« Reply #57 on: 03 June, 2011, 08:09:24 am »
Perhaps. I'm off to work in sec, then it's Manchester World Naked Bike Ride, followed by my 600 qualifier on Saturday/Sunday. Wednesday I'm in London for LEL meetings, then it's the AUK committee on Thursday.

I suppose I could spend Monday evening emailing all the entrants and ask them if they're OK with me publishing their entries, then extracting 18 logos from assorted documents and files, posting them onine, then linking them to assorted fora. But I'm not going to. Sorry.

But if any of you want to post yours, feel free. If you're shy, get a friend to post for you.

« Reply #58 on: 03 June, 2011, 08:20:33 am »
I think that's a good approach...

And on Friday will you be using Assoss cream is it totally naked.....and do we see pictures of you?

DanialW

« Reply #59 on: 03 June, 2011, 08:47:28 am »
I think that's a good approach...

And on Friday will you be using Assoss cream is it totally naked.....and do we see pictures of you?

Arse cream! I knew I'd forgotten something. Mind you, Manchester's skies are a bizarre blue colour this week, so I might need suncream fore and aft.

And yes, I'll be going all the way. Apart from my shoes as I'll need my cleats.

« Reply #60 on: 03 June, 2011, 09:41:59 am »

And yes, I'll be going all the way. Apart from my shoes as I'll need my cleats.

sell out

« Reply #61 on: 21 July, 2011, 09:40:40 am »
Danial,  any news on the logo competition and should we anticipate an unveiling?
Organiser of Droitwich Cycling Club audaxes.  https://www.droitwichcyclingclub.co.uk/audax/

DanialW

« Reply #62 on: 21 July, 2011, 10:39:44 am »
Danial,  any news on the logo competition and should we anticipate an unveiling?

Yes. We picked a winner. It wasn't a clear victory, but the winner can take heart that it was down to two of their entries.

We've asked them to amend their submission. However domestic priorities have delayed the work. I'm sure we'll get something back in dues course, but, frankly, I'm up to my neck in PBP and LEL stuff at the moment.

DanialW

« Reply #63 on: 27 September, 2011, 03:52:15 pm »
Looking for about three people to help tinker with a couple of ideas for this. No graphic design skills whatsoever required. If you're interested, drop me a line at audax[at]danialwebb[dot]com. Please don't reply on here.

Ta muchly.

DanialW

« Reply #64 on: 30 September, 2011, 10:19:26 am »
I'm now looking for a few people to give feedback on a possible logo we might adopt. This'll help me draft a brief for a bigger piece of work.

Either drop me a line (my email is above), or PM me your email address.

Cheers!