Author Topic: West coast audax scotland  (Read 17757 times)

Re: West coast audax scotland
« Reply #50 on: 22 October, 2011, 08:30:57 pm »
Early ninties then fell out over AAA points and chucked audax

Aha, you had a petty flounce and are now upset again about something which I cannae work out yet...I can see how this is gonna end.  See you again in 2031   ;)

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #51 on: 22 October, 2011, 08:51:39 pm »
Eck must know when i ran them as he is able to pull up past results.  Early ninties then fell out over AAA points (hilly middle bit in middle) and chucked audax  for touring.  Almost took 20 years to setup fair system using m/km. .Ran 7? cant remember if i had 1or2 at birthday rides (under ctc ? ) . Are we talking AUK or us up here AE.  Thought you were the old man of AE , you could have ridden them?  . Did i not run enough for you. Who else is still running after almost 20years. Blame AAA points and please tell me if i am wrong.  All the runs are on floppy discs somewhere. :facepalm:
One favour can you pull up rider lists  ;D
No, eck mustn't know when you ran them. As far as I can see, event results aren't available before 2000. I don't have any more access to results than any other AUK member.
So you ran events in the early 90's?  And you fell out about AAA points? About 15 years ago?
That counts as doing your bit for AUK?

I didn't do a full season of rides until, I think, 1997. As far as I can tell, you've run no events while I've been active so, no, I couldn't have ridden them.

BTW, I'm not at all interested in AAA points, never have been. If you fell out with AUK about that, that's not my problem.

I've still no idea WTF is the point you are trying to make.  Is it AAA points now, or are we still wingeing about the lack of events in the west? Can you explain it to me in one sentence rather than snipe about details? ???

As valkyrie said:
If you're not happy with the routes on offer, you know what the answer is - stop bitching and start organising.

Watching this post from afar with a chuckle. Often wondered what Audax Ecosse riders did when the cold, dark days of winter limits their time on the bike. Now I know. They argue amongst themselves on the internet. Keep up the good work.
Aye, Morag, the nights are fair drawin' in.  :demon:

This is quality stuff.  Much better Saturday night entertainment than the X factor.  I'd just like to say that I prefer Campag to Shimano when it comes to groupsets and also think that you shouldn't have to give 2 weeks notice before riding a perm.

C-D

« Reply #52 on: 22 October, 2011, 09:16:33 pm »

This is quality stuff.  Much better Saturday night entertainment than the X factor.  I'd just like to say that I prefer Campag to Shimano when it comes to groupsets and also think that you shouldn't have to give 2 weeks notice before riding a perm.
[/quote]

Kev Campag is not what it was SRAM is the way forward  :thumbsup:

« Reply #53 on: 22 October, 2011, 09:29:06 pm »
If we organise more events through Cowdenbeath we can get some real fighting in rather than this blood-free virtual stuff. How about the "Kingdom Killer" - a 200km tour of Fife mining towns based on four loops with a 6pm Saturday start time?
It didn't look at all like that in the photographs

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
« Reply #54 on: 22 October, 2011, 09:53:15 pm »
If we organise more events through Cowdenbeath we can get some real fighting in rather than this blood-free virtual stuff. How about the "Kingdom Killer" - a 200km tour of Fife mining towns based on four loops with a 6pm Saturday start time?

FFS Cyclops, you're missing the point. That'd be no good at all for Salar55. It needs to be on the west coast, and appropriate to west coast cultural values. So how about the "Clydebank Killer" - a tour of central Glasgow, Clydebank and the surrounding villages. To be held on the evening after an old firm game, all controls to be in Rangers pubs and all riders to dress in Green. Could be the audax with the highest DNS (Did Not Survive) rate ever recorded.
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

« Reply #55 on: 22 October, 2011, 10:21:59 pm »
Don't joke  That has happened in Partick we had to stop as one was wearing green , top off pertex on.  Rosevale Tavern was full and spilling out onto street after a game.

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #56 on: 22 October, 2011, 10:27:39 pm »
Don't joke  That has happened in Partick we had to stop as one was wearing green , top off pertex on.  Rosevale Tavern was full and spilling out onto street after a game.

A friend and I once stopped into Bairds Bar for a swift pint before a gig at the Barrowlands.  My friend was wearing a blue jacket and one of the punters was so incensed that all he could say through gritted teeth was the word 'blue' while pointing menacingly at my friend.  We made our excuses and left. 

Janie Jones

« Reply #57 on: 22 October, 2011, 10:35:18 pm »
I get it now. There is a prize for the most pointless argument at the Audax Ecosee end of year shindig.

Am I right?

If I am then...ladies and gentlemen we have a winner.

« Reply #58 on: 22 October, 2011, 10:38:06 pm »
Am I right?

Never ask if you are right.  Someone wil claim you think you are better than them and are being a smartarse.

Bairn Again

« Reply #59 on: 22 October, 2011, 11:50:34 pm »
I spent a large part of today paying courtesy visits to establishments in oban, dalmally, ballachulish lochailort and glenfinnan to show face and establish their ongoing willingness to act as host to sweaty cyclists in future. 

Possibly more productive for auks than sitting at ones PC in Dumbarton firing off incomprehensible e-mails? 

O:-)

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
« Reply #60 on: 23 October, 2011, 06:04:04 pm »
Somewhere upthread GlasgowDave said he'd be interested in running an event in the West. Salar55 clearly doesn't want to run another event but has the experience of running them in the past. Surely the best possible outcome for this thread is that Salar55 provides the routes and mentoring necessary for GlasgowDave to run an event.
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

Janie Jones

« Reply #61 on: 23 October, 2011, 06:16:11 pm »

Surely the best possible outcome for this thread...

Aww...but this thread is providing far too much entertainment for it to end

GlasgowDave

• Inside I'm smiling
    • Flickr Audax Group
« Reply #62 on: 23 October, 2011, 06:50:50 pm »
Somewhere upthread GlasgowDave said he'd be interested in running an event in the West. Salar55 clearly doesn't want to run another event but has the experience of running them in the past. Surely the best possible outcome for this thread is that Salar55 provides the routes and mentoring necessary for GlasgowDave to run an event.

I'm thinking of doing it anyway. I may start it as a perm like the Saltire. I've a route from the West End out to Comrie and back that's possibly a nice 200k.

I've also managed to come up with a serious Glasgow sightseer 100k.

There's a scout hall round the corner, I wonder if they'd let it out.

Dave
it takes a special talent to miss out on the Midnight Madness by sleeping in...

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #63 on: 23 October, 2011, 06:53:58 pm »

I'm thinking of doing it anyway. I may start it as a perm like the Saltire. I've a route from the West End out to Comrie and back that's possibly a nice 200k.

I've also managed to come up with a serious Glasgow sightseer 100k.

There's a scout hall round the corner, I wonder if they'd let it out.

Dave
Great stuff Dave.
I'm in.  ;D
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

« Reply #64 on: 23 October, 2011, 08:15:51 pm »
Salar55 provides the routes and mentoring necessary for GlasgowDave to run an event.

That is just cruel.

« Reply #65 on: 23 October, 2011, 09:14:29 pm »
Dave did ask .  Starting where   Kendoon,  Ayr, Johnstone wheelers clubrooms or Dumbarton . He has a route, i think Dave  wants a Glasgow start.  Might be a bad move starting at a racing clubroom , some posts might have  upset them.