Author Topic: Iceni 100 Audax  (Read 985 times)

Iceni 100 Audax
« on: 24 May, 2012, 12:57:10 pm »
As part of the Jubilee Week celebrations there is a 100km audax starting from Swaffham Community Centre on Thursday 7th June 2012 at 9am. The event is part of the 1st Swaffham Walking and Cycling Week.

Keith and Sue are kindly organising the event (all details of AUK website-  http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/12-565/).

Entry fee £5, payable by PayPal if entering on-line.

The route designed by Don Saunders includes a bit of West Norfolk and lots of beautiful Breckland scenery and a stop (half way) at Snetterton.

Entries are trickling in and we need more. Ideal event for those who've retired or booked the week off (you get a weeks holiday and only use up 3 days of your holiday entitlement).

Re: Iceni 100 Audax
« Reply #1 on: 24 May, 2012, 01:56:53 pm »
I may be there. It's half term though, so it depends how dependant my dependants are being.

trixie

Re: Iceni 100 Audax
« Reply #2 on: 07 June, 2012, 07:04:54 pm »
Enjoyed this lovely ride.  Felt quite strange to be out for the day, with heavily laden clouds which never rained down.

The recent rains have given such a lushness and green colour to all the fields and hedgerows.  Plenty of pig farms around here too!  But we like pigs, so all the more interest.  Cows were also much in evidence, mostly sitting down.  This is a bad sign according to my grandmother (who is about 114 by now) -  a sign of impending rain.

Many thanks to everyone who helped to organise this ride.  A shame there weren't more youngsters, I thought half-term would bring them out.

If this ride runs again, I'll be back!

Haha! Just reread - the cows were lying down rather than sitting!!  That would be a sight...