Author Topic: Borders of Belgium 1000 2016  (Read 26778 times)

Dave_C

• Trying to get rid of my belly... and failing!
Re: Borders of Belgium 1000 2016
« Reply #275 on: April 12, 2018, 11:50:55 am »
Oh don't ask me about times. I just put my head down and pedal like billieo until the end!!!

I booked Monday return as I wanted to have a rest between finishing and then heading off for the ferry Monday lunchtime.
@DaveCrampton < wot a twit.
http://veloviewer.com/athlete/421683/

Smeth

• less Grimpeur than Whimpeur...
« Reply #276 on: April 12, 2018, 01:35:51 pm »

Am I right in thinking the time is 75 hours

Yep.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

« Reply #277 on: April 12, 2018, 04:02:46 pm »
Hmm. 

circumstances mean that Im thinking about this quite actively - I happen to be in That London TM until close of play on Weds 6th Sep and could go by train via Brussels.  Im reasonably well versed now in getting my bike down to just under 58cm for Eurostar in a shoulder bag I got especially for PBP in 2015.  Assembling is a bit of a chore, but less stressful than parting company with it.   

Ive priced it out and Eurostar Weds/Mon staying over Brussels both ways isnt hugely expensive & I could do this on just 2.5 days annual leave. 

The event looks fantastic and I have been known to appreciate the occasional beer     

Dave_C

• Trying to get rid of my belly... and failing!
« Reply #278 on: April 15, 2018, 12:57:52 pm »
Hmm. 

circumstances mean that Im thinking about this quite actively - I happen to be in That London TM until close of play on Weds 6th Sep and could go by train via Brussels.  Im reasonably well versed now in getting my bike down to just under 58cm for Eurostar in a shoulder bag I got especially for PBP in 2015.  Assembling is a bit of a chore, but less stressful than parting company with it.   

Ive priced it out and Eurostar Weds/Mon staying over Brussels both ways isnt hugely expensive & I could do this on just 2.5 days annual leave. 

The event looks fantastic and I have been known to appreciate the occasional beer     

What size are Eurostar's dimentions for a carry on?

58 x ? x ?

Cheers, Dva eC
@DaveCrampton < wot a twit.
http://veloviewer.com/athlete/421683/

« Reply #279 on: June 12, 2018, 06:13:21 pm »
One thing to note if you're riding it; chuck a bell on your bike. You'll be riding on cycle paths and canals, so it'll come in handy. It's the one thing I wish I had when I rode it. Besides, I think it's law to have one.

(I've just taken delivery of a Knog Oi and although the company as a whole are a bag of dicks, designwise it's rad AF.)