Author Topic: Eurovision 2013  (Read 5743 times)

Re: Eurovision 2013
« Reply #100 on: 18 May, 2013, 11:16:11 pm »
Eurovision needs a new rule: you can only sing in your country's language(s). 

Alternative: Performers sing the the language of the country hosting the competition.  I think that could be fun. :)

'Nuvver alternative.  They must sing in Esperanto.

Whatever happened to Esperanto?

Say that again in Esperanto.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #101 on: 18 May, 2013, 11:18:18 pm »
W"ell Google Translate has it as
Kio ajn okazis al Esperanto?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #102 on: 18 May, 2013, 11:24:02 pm »
W"ell Google Translate has it as
Kio ajn okazis al Esperanto?

But does it have the answer too?

I don't think "42" works...

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #103 on: 18 May, 2013, 11:27:38 pm »

Ohh FFS now they (Denmark) have to spend loads of money on it here next year  :sick: Those money can be spend so much better.

Flynn

• Fred Killah
« Reply #104 on: 18 May, 2013, 11:28:48 pm »

Eurovision needs a new rule: you can only sing in your country's language(s). 

Alternative: Performers sing the the language of the country hosting the competition.  I think that could be fun. :)

'Nuvver alternative.  They must sing in Esperanto.

Whatever happened to Esperanto?

It was replaced by English.
ap·a·thy  (p-th)
n.
1. Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference.

« Reply #105 on: 18 May, 2013, 11:32:36 pm »
The young Lithuanian guy with the Lithuanian votes just  professed some sort of love for our Bonnie. Slightly odd, but sweet.

I'm defo one for Andrij's singing in the host country's language suggestion.

Ohh FFS now they (Denmark) have to spend loads of money on it here next year  :sick: Those money can be spend so much better.

Wossit all cost then? Ball park figure.
'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim Krabbé. Possibly

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #106 on: 18 May, 2013, 11:33:43 pm »
Well Denmark you only have yourselves to blame, last year you sent four stoned students to Baku and they were crap. This year you went credible.

« Reply #107 on: 18 May, 2013, 11:34:52 pm »

I'd love to see an austerity version. People could sew foil milk bottle tops on their frocks for glitter, and the scoreboard could be operated by women with sticks, like in WWII RAF Ops rooms.

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #108 on: 18 May, 2013, 11:36:53 pm »

I'd love to see an austerity version. People could sew foil milk bottle tops on their frocks for glitter, and the scoreboard could be operated by women with sticks, like in WWII RAF Ops rooms.

:thumbsup: ;D :thumbsup:

« Reply #109 on: 18 May, 2013, 11:40:20 pm »
I would have liked Greece to have won. That was amazing. The little danish girl was pretty good tho
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #110 on: 19 May, 2013, 12:34:08 am »
FFS!  UK voters obviously voted for Denmark's X-Factor production values.

Mrs Nutty was amazed that I picked the winner as soon as I heard it.

My votes (if I'd picked up the phone) would have been.

1) Denmark.  I loved the voice of the singer, the drumming/pipes, and the tune.
Others, and I couldn't settle the order - Malta for the lyrics, Iceland for the tune, Greece.

Others had a good set (the guy dancing upside down inside the glass box), but fell into the everybody else category of being totally let down by all sounding the same flat Eurovision durge.      France might have been a good exception to this from the voting highlight clip, but I Mrs Nutty tuned in too late for me to see that.

Andrew

« Reply #111 on: 19 May, 2013, 10:02:07 am »
I'd love to see an austerity version.

According to the article I read earlier, last night was an austerity version.

« Reply #112 on: 19 May, 2013, 10:40:07 am »
Somehow, and I'm not entirely sure how, I allowed myself to be persuaded to attend a Eurovision party in a riverside apartment with views of the shard. I agreed on the condition that there would be plenty of Veuve to soften the blow. On reflection, there was little that I remember before Romania. It was all terminally dull, and I busied myself watching the setting sun from the balcony.
Romania, however, made me sit up and pay attention, only to be surpassed by Azerbaijan.
Boy inna box? Priceless!
The Veuve helped. I think there was still some left when we went home at around 02:00.
An excellent evening - not quite the one I'd planned. Rescue breakfast is currently being consumed.

Oh - almost forgot. We had  fondue which included Ikea meatballs and reindeer meat, amongst other things.

« Reply #113 on: 19 May, 2013, 12:40:18 pm »
The Swedish presenter was brilliant.  One of the country score announcers called her a 'milf'. She didn't react much, possibly because the culprit was many miles away.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #114 on: 19 May, 2013, 12:42:02 pm »
My rule hasn't been implemented yet.

My rule:

Bjorn'n'Benny write the lyrics to a song then every country to set it to music and stage it how they see fit.

AND, it has to be performed by the PM/president of the country, Cabinet as backing singers mandatory.