Author Topic: Quandary  (Read 1867 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Quandary
« on: 09 April, 2008, 06:41:21 pm »
So I bought a Lacoste polo shirt on eBay for about £12 and it turns out to be a fake (I have a real one already).  The problem is, the fake appears to be better quality than the real one, which frankly is no great shakes.  Do I keep it and give positive feedback, keep it and give neutral feedback, moan to the seller, report it to eBay...?

To be honest it's better than the crap shirts that Next sell for the same price.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Re: Quandary
« Reply #1 on: 09 April, 2008, 06:45:49 pm »
Google: fake goods fund
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

rogerzilla

« Reply #2 on: 09 April, 2008, 07:37:31 pm »
Hmmm.  I never believed that (it's a good story for people like the BPI and RIAA to peddle) but I'm sending it back anyway.  On comparing it to the real thing, which incidentally cost about the same, the crocodile emblem is quite poor.

Message to seller:

Hi,

This item isn't especially bad quality but it's not genuine Lacoste (I have a real one here to compare it to).  The crocodile logo is more crudely embroidered than the real thing, the tags are wrong, it comes in completely different packaging and the material is much thicker than Lacoste, with a different weave.  You may not have been aware of this, but I suggest you talk to your supplier.

I haven't reported it as counterfeit to eBay or left negative feedback, but I'd appreciate a refund.

Thanks

Roger

I'll get nasty if they refuse, then it'll be goodbye to their eBay account.

« Reply #3 on: 09 April, 2008, 08:15:07 pm »
A sensible way of dealing with it.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #4 on: 09 April, 2008, 08:20:43 pm »
Very mature - my pocket watch was such a hilariously bad fake that I keep it for chuckles.
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

rogerzilla

« Reply #5 on: 09 April, 2008, 08:22:52 pm »
I confess to seriously wanting a fake Rolex.  One of the £10 kind with a quartz movement would be fine.  I have no desire for the real thing, but a fake Rolex is an icon in itself.