Author Topic: Trice + 1  (Read 5950 times)

Re: Trice + 1
« Reply #25 on: 22 April, 2011, 07:03:06 am »
Changed the chain/cassette and middle and outer chainrings on my QNT after 5800 miles. I think thats pretty good considering the amount of trips with a fully loaded trailer being hauled around some hilly lanes. The bearings on the idler and front wheels decided to say goodbye at the same time but they were replaced within a couple of days.
Live2Ride   Ride2Live

« Reply #26 on: 22 April, 2011, 02:17:21 pm »
I use a Park chain checker and it saves a lot of wear on rings/cassette by changing the chains just before you (theoretically) need to
                                                :)
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

« Reply #27 on: 22 April, 2011, 03:22:41 pm »
I use a Park chain checker and it saves a lot of wear on rings/cassette by changing the chains just before you (theoretically) need to

I used to think that, but I'm unconvinced now.  Ask Arallsop - he's had something like 10,000 or 15,000 miles out of a chain, rings and cassette.  Just runs it into the ground, and when it's bad, then changes the lot.  I reckon that might be cheaper given the extra cost of our long chains.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #28 on: 22 April, 2011, 05:24:12 pm »
I suppose it depends a bit on your riding conditions, I ride all year round and wipe/lubing about 200 miles intervals, changed chains but cassette and rings (have wheel out clean between cassette cogs and rings) were still ok, had I not got a new Trice from D-tek the drive train would probably have been changed in another set of chains.
       Of course I am a bit over cautious (but) so far it has paid off in reliability terms.
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.