Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1752587 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #5525 on: 14 October, 2014, 05:42:42 pm »
TMNH is flooded just north of PML, it's not deep but it's long. Bumfords flood is very long and unknown depth. Hammonds is flooded in two places, first bit starts near the caravan park, north bound, and is about 40 metres long and 50mm deep. The second section isn't far from the first and about the same dimensions. I've done a Facebook post with pics.
Nutty's Slimed Bottom is two feet deep and the bypass path is too short, my shoes are stuffed with newspaper!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5526 on: 14 October, 2014, 09:03:10 pm »
Sounds like a good night to stay at home with some bottles from Waitrose.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #5527 on: 15 October, 2014, 06:06:43 am »
Morning all it might be a bit early for some. Looks like the bad weather will return later today.so a very wet ride tonight.I have planned a secound route for tonight just in case. The only prob it misses out TMNH .
http://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/8198840
http://bikeroutetoaster.com/BRTWebUI/Course/735468
See you all at 7.30 pm

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #5528 on: 15 October, 2014, 06:33:56 am »
Been up for an hour!  I'll just follow you!

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #5529 on: 15 October, 2014, 08:42:48 am »
Morning all it might be a bit early for some. Looks like the bad weather will return later today.so a very wet ride tonight.I have planned a secound route for tonight just in case. The only prob it misses out TMNH .
http://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/8198840
http://bikeroutetoaster.com/BRTWebUI/Course/735468
See you all at 7.30 pm
Been up for an hour!  I'll just follow you!

Same as OD I will follow you Oros!  :thumbsup:

« Reply #5530 on: 15 October, 2014, 08:52:48 am »
Ok i will try and get over to the bottom of TMNH after work to see how deep it is.Then pick a route to take tonight.

« Reply #5531 on: 15 October, 2014, 11:03:30 am »
Ok i will try and get over to the bottom of TMNH after work to see how deep it is.Then pick a route to take tonight.
used Ulting Causeway which was only half flooded, the south bound side.
TMNH should be ridable if you keep to the centre of the road.

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #5532 on: 15 October, 2014, 11:30:34 am »
Anyone else had the Mighty Oak Flyer re the 6th December lunchtime sampling (often followed by a visit to the Blue Boar).           Not forward planning in anyway

« Reply #5533 on: 15 October, 2014, 11:36:05 am »
Del was it today you rode the causeway or yesterday because last night flooded right across the road and about 1.5 ft deep

« Reply #5534 on: 15 October, 2014, 11:40:50 am »
MR Bird wont be with us tonight going out with MRS Bird

« Reply #5535 on: 15 October, 2014, 11:52:53 am »
hmmm.....not much chance I am going to be riding from Witham....reasonable chance I will make it to the pub though! As long as it is not raining otherwise the team car might come out. I have had my fill on water this week and it's killed my light already....although I am hoping a replacement shows up before the end of the day at work!

« Reply #5536 on: 15 October, 2014, 12:09:59 pm »
I was planning on making a rare appearance tonight but am seriously thinking about being fair weather and flouting rule #5. If I do come I'll meet at the pub.

Some time ago myself, OD, Oaky and Aunty Helen did a Friday night mini pub crawl around Colchester, ending up at the Victoria Inn for late night drinks and take away curry from across the road. Anyone fancy a repeat sometime in the next few weeks? Although this time I'd like so get home a bit before 2.30am......

« Reply #5537 on: 15 October, 2014, 02:22:18 pm »
Del was it today you rode the causeway or yesterday because last night flooded right across the road and about 1.5 ft deep
Yesterday morning, there are sewage/drain works there and they run a big pump to keep their site dryish.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5538 on: 15 October, 2014, 02:28:56 pm »
Some time ago myself, OD, Oaky and Aunty Helen did a Friday night mini pub crawl around Colchester, ending up at the Victoria Inn for late night drinks and take away curry from across the road. Anyone fancy a repeat sometime in the next few weeks? Although this time I'd like so get home a bit before 2.30am......

Oh yes! When did you have in mind?

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5539 on: 15 October, 2014, 02:37:35 pm »
If this were on the correct night of the week I would be interested. A Friday night would be good, but bear in mind that I would not be awheel - at least, probably not for another month - and might just arrive in Colchester by train and come home again afterwards.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #5540 on: 15 October, 2014, 02:42:29 pm »
Oh yes! When did you have in mind?

Probably any Friday soon apart from Friday 31st October as the might Cud are performing their seminal album Leggy Mambo that evening and I shall be in attendance.

When we go I would like to include the Hole in the Wall after seeing it on Michael Portillo's Great British railway Journeys.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5541 on: 15 October, 2014, 03:14:30 pm »
I will have to negotiate!  I made quite an impression last time arriving home at the time we did and in the state I was in!  Never before have I fallen off a bike I have just mounted whilst it was still stationary. I make myself so proud sometimes.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #5542 on: 15 October, 2014, 03:36:39 pm »
Anyone else had the Mighty Oak Flyer re the 6th December lunchtime sampling (often followed by a visit to the Blue Boar).           Not forward planning in anyway

:thumbsup: We're going to end up with TWO Christmas extravaganzas.......

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5543 on: 15 October, 2014, 06:13:55 pm »
Unfortunately work is conspiring against my availability to get out this evening  >:(
Don't wait for me but I may possibly be given a reprieve and meet you there.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #5544 on: 16 October, 2014, 09:56:28 am »
A throughly enjoyable if bordering on Rule #9 ride last night  :thumbsup:, Oros's Garmin decided to try and take us backwards round his pre planned route which made for an interesting re route as we were just 3 miles from our destination to incorporate TMNH.

By the time we rolled into The Chequers at Goldhanger Tomsk was already 30 mins in and 1 pint down, we sampled some lovely Inferno, Brewers Gold and I finished off with a rather nutty ale at the end of which the name eludes me, all in all another great night!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5545 on: 16 October, 2014, 10:43:46 am »
Nice one Doggers. It was a good ride.

I'm disappointed that I won't be around for a the next two weeks. 

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #5546 on: 16 October, 2014, 12:08:03 pm »
We must book a Wednesday evening for a trip to Billericay.....that would be from 5th November, OD?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5547 on: 16 October, 2014, 12:25:17 pm »
At the moment Firework Night is ok but work could knacker this at any point. Let's go for it and keep our fingers crossed.

« Reply #5548 on: 16 October, 2014, 03:09:31 pm »
Must have been a nice swim ride!

I admit to complete denial of all the rules after making the route home 10 miles trying to convince myself to ride direct to the pub I got in had a warm shower and by the time I was dressed I could not be arsed leaving the house again.

On the + side my light works again  :thumbsup: and I get the replacement anyway!

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #5549 on: 16 October, 2014, 03:57:59 pm »
Must have been a nice swim ride!

Refreshing! First really wet Wednesday ride since I don't know when....

At the moment Firework Night is ok but work could knacker this at any point. Let's go for it and keep our fingers crossed.

Duly inscribed on the calendar: I'll let Brian T know.