Author Topic: Bad example to my kids - hand hurts from windscreen slap  (Read 2183 times)

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
Bad example to my kids - hand hurts from windscreen slap
« on: 15 June, 2008, 01:43:45 pm »
In mitigation, the bugger had run me off the road and had I not put a hand out, I'd have gone under his car. I was so incensed.

On a v.v. narrow - road me behind 2 daughters and, coming other way, 4 horses in single file. We're riding carefully and well to the left 'cos horses are lairy beasts. Shit-for-brains-in-a-motor-car come the other way, flashes his headlights and overtakes the horses. Kids dived off into the hedge and I held my ground - wanting him to stop so I could ask if he knew what a tit he was. But he just put his foot down instead.

What a cock.

I've never hit a car before. And my hand is still stinging.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Bad example to my kids - hand hurts from windscreen slap
« Reply #1 on: 15 June, 2008, 01:46:40 pm »
It sounds to me as though you were hit by a car and should be reporting the incident to the police.

Commiserations. Some people are just appalling gits and I don't think there's a cure.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2 on: 15 June, 2008, 02:13:09 pm »
Aim for the wing mirror next time.  It hurts a bit less when it folds back or breaks off.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #3 on: 15 June, 2008, 03:09:00 pm »
Full bidon aimed at the windscreen is highly effective!

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #4 on: 15 June, 2008, 05:49:04 pm »
In future if you are going to hit a vehicle, I recomend open palmed on metal panel.  Lots of noise and no damage.

If you are intending to damage the mirror press down on the mirror.

« Reply #5 on: 15 June, 2008, 06:09:05 pm »
Hope the kids are okay? Sounds like a right bell-end you encountered there unfortunately. As Wow says, if you've got the plate then perhaps a chat to the boys in blue.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #6 on: 16 June, 2008, 10:19:43 am »
Hope the kids are okay? Sounds like a right bell-end you encountered there unfortunately. As Wow says, if you've got the plate then perhaps a chat to the boys in blue.

I agree.  The combination of horses and children on bikes may mean they're more interested than if it were just you on your own.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #7 on: 16 June, 2008, 01:00:35 pm »
As Wow says, if you've got the plate then perhaps a chat to the boys in blue.
... especially if you can track down the equestrians as witnesses.

People - we MUST report this sh1t! It raises the profile of such trouble, and even if only 1-in-20 produces a  warning/conviction, it's worthwhile.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: 16 June, 2008, 01:04:14 pm »
+1 to Matt there.  Five or ten minutes for a quick call to the cop shop might just make the difference in setting up a history for these people that catches up with them when they finally hurt someone.

Always start your call to the police with the words "I'd like to report a crime, please..."  because under these circumstances, you are a victim of crime and deserve the attention of the police as such.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

keeks

• shooting from the hip ... because I am
« Reply #9 on: 16 June, 2008, 04:05:06 pm »
Pancho " The News " may well take it up , especially as there are kids involved. Jez it make me mad just thinking of the twat

« Reply #10 on: 16 June, 2008, 04:37:22 pm »
It sounds to me as though you were hit by a car and should be reporting the incident to the police.

Sounds that way to me too.
The old Legion hand told the recruit, "When things are bad, bleu, try not to make them worse, because it is very likely that they are bad enough already." -- Robert Ruark