Author Topic: Hellfire Corner 11th May 2019  (Read 4061 times)

Re: Hellfire Corner 11th May 2019
« Reply #25 on: 13 May, 2019, 04:26:49 pm »

Having had a day to rest and decompress, my reflection has changed from one of savagery to one of appreciation.

Beyond Altnahara the route took me to parts of Scotland I've not seen before and am now blown away by.

Probably the toughest 400 I've ever done on account of the constant up and down, strong cold Northerly wind, and freezing night time temperatures. However the sun shined and showed of some of the best views of the UK I've ever experienced. During the very long cold decent from Loch Glascarnoch I appreciated every single pound I invested in my ultra-compressible Haglof LIM Essens down jacket I put on. In all seriousness it kept the real risk of hypothermia at bay.

If you've not signed up for the North Coast Classic 600 I highly recommend it.

« Reply #26 on: 13 May, 2019, 06:17:37 pm »
Yes! Definitely do the 600 if you can. I can't but I am about to set off on the North Coast 500 tonight, which is why I came up for the 400.
It was tougher than I remembered but the best scenery I will see this year. Really ought to come up here more often but it takes time and money...

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #27 on: 13 May, 2019, 07:57:58 pm »
The photos have finally convinced me to enter the 600.

« Reply #28 on: 14 May, 2019, 10:09:27 am »
Saw a couple of Hellfire entrants on the sleeper from Euston last Thursday. One gentleman was loading his green Condor as we were hooking up the tourers.
Felt quite envious.
#makewattsnotwar

« Reply #29 on: 14 May, 2019, 01:09:32 pm »
Saw a couple of Hellfire entrants on the sleeper from Euston last Thursday. One gentleman was loading his green Condor as we were hooking up the tourers.
Felt quite envious.

That would have been Bianchi Boy.

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #30 on: 14 May, 2019, 08:29:29 pm »
Felt quite envious.

That would have been Bianchi Boy.
yes the was me.  :thumbsup:
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.