Author Topic: postal finish  (Read 1293 times)

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
postal finish
« on: 21 May, 2019, 01:27:21 am »
Prior to this year all my events had controllers at this finish, but this year I have completed two postal events and have two more booked. Is it normal for these events to take over a month to reach the results page, or have I just been unlucky?

I always like the moment at the event of a brevet when you hand the card over and know everything is in order, but with a postal finish I feel like i have a month of worry - Did I fill in the card correctly? did i manage to miss any required PoPs, has the envelope reached them, or been mis-delivered or otherwise lost? was the envelope damaged losing vital contents, or even did the envelope just come open?

I know I could scan the contents before posting, but I wouldn't even know if they had been lost in the mail as it is not the duty of the organiser to chase them, so then if I email the scan, has it made the whole posting process and inevitable delays unnecessary?

Eddington  127miles, 170km

Re: postal finish
« Reply #1 on: 21 May, 2019, 06:05:28 am »
I think it’s taking longer if they’re PBP qualifying rides (whether you want that or not), as I’m sure the process has been quicker other years. The results for the Dean in March took about a month but I’m still waiting for the brevet.
Bikes are for riding, not cleaning!

« Reply #2 on: 21 May, 2019, 06:27:38 am »
If OP is about provisional results most organisers wait a week for sMail then spend time chasing missing cards, and then submit results. Add orgs. holidays, work n'stuff. It could be a month to provisional, but should usually be within 2 weeks .

« Reply #3 on: 21 May, 2019, 07:02:28 am »
I've taken pics of my Brevet and receipts before posting for piece of mind; our local organiser emails riders if he doesn't receive their brevets so if I don't hear anything i assume it's gone for validation.

A month seems about normal to me.

« Reply #4 on: 21 May, 2019, 07:36:50 am »
I've taken pics of my Brevet and receipts before posting for piece of mind

An excellent idea  :thumbsup:
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

Martin

« Reply #5 on: 21 May, 2019, 10:22:00 am »
Also; depending on the status of the organiser, they may not be able to even submit a provisional finish list and as well as giving riders 14 days to post cards back the cards may all need to be sent to the validation secretary. My self validated calendar event took over 3 weeks to go from provisional to confirmed which I don't think is unreasonable for a BRM in PBP year. All these things are done by hard working volunteers  :thumbsup:

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #6 on: 21 May, 2019, 02:10:02 pm »
I'm not worried about time from provisional to confirmed. Only time from event  to provisional.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

megajoulesexpenditure

« Reply #7 on: 21 May, 2019, 02:15:26 pm »
If you are stressing alot and it's been more than two weeks  since the event I don't think any organiser would mind you dropping them an email to confirm receipt of your card so you can then relax :thumbsup:

I'm not worried about time from provisional to confirmed. Only time from event  to provisional.