Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: New 7" tablet recommendations please
« Last post by Mrs Pingu on Today at 10:33:40 am »
I miss 4:3 tablets, when I was looking last I don't think I could find anything in that aspect ratio that wasn't an iThing. I ended up buying another Samsung that is crappier and heavier than the original and I hates it....
A beautiful morning.   Hurrah. Winter is over.
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Online Banking Problem.
« Last post by Feanor on Today at 09:35:17 am »
Such is the way of things with marginal ADSL faults.

Could be a marginal intermittent line fault, like something getting wet and then drying out again.
ADSL is remarkably resilient in the face of some line faults which will knock out voice, but not others.
An incoming call shoves a rather high AC voltage onto the line, which could possibly under some fault conditions cause loss of sync.

I don't think you will be able to get anyone to fix it until it becomes a hard fault and the line won't sync at all.
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by T42 on Today at 09:23:32 am »
Trying to enter the details of my career on a pensions site; modified one entry and the whole bloody lot disappeared.  Now I've got set-your-teeth-on-edge hold music quacking away for "at least 5 minutes" and making it impossible to do anything in the meantime.

ETA: Surprise, surprise, it's back again.  Except that it now only includes the periods of employment that this nest of miserable screw-ups already had before I started adding the missing ones ten days ago. Shit and damnation be upon their heads.  I have had 11 different jobs and they've only got 5, covering about 7 years out of 45 and two of theirs overlap so one or both are wrong.

And there's a note on their website saying that they'd be doing maintenance from 07:00 to 08:30 this morning.  I suppose that consisted of restoring their database from an out-of-date backup.

Think I'll bale out until tomorrow, when there's a slim chance their system will be stable.

ETAA: It's not all negative: I've found some hair long enough to tear out. Wish it was theirs.
Very extensive frost here in the North Pennines. Minus 3.5C
But much lighter winds than recently, so I'm off for a ride.
Coffee stop at the re-opened and very good Hemmel Cafe in Allenheads.
2°C and very wet down here this morning, rime on the trees up on the ridge out back. Northerly wind. Bleh.
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: Seen today
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 08:29:33 am »
Last night, for the second time in 25 years, we saw a hedgehog in our garden. A nice fat healthy looking one too.  And this morning I saw our resident Kestrel on a wire. And the first dead mouse of the season in the kitchen, courtesy of Phoebe the killer cat.
The Pub / Re: Can we reboot Tune Association?
« Last post by IanDG on Today at 08:22:37 am »
Yes, start again at regular intervals.

I'd just like to add that a squid eating dough in a Polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?
« Last post by andrewc on Today at 08:19:12 am »
And now, without any intervention or changes she can log on again…….   She’s done it a couple of times to make sure it was ok.
« Last post by fruitcake on Today at 08:11:15 am »
Can the 2FA landline number be substituted for a mobile number? That way the verification code would not go through the BT hub. It could also be sent as SMS which may be more convenient.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10