Author Topic: Should I ride a 300 this weekend??  (Read 1126 times)

Should I ride a 300 this weekend??
« on: 15 August, 2008, 02:58:24 pm »
Hi, I'm planning to ride a 300 perm tomorrow.

On Tues night, completely sober, I lost my front wheel on some wet slippy tarmac and came down softly, but at relative speed. I've now got no more jeans for work which don't have a Grunge style hole on the right knee (I still haven't got the hang of losing the front wheel on a left turn). The usual scratches ensued, shoulder, bum/back of thigh, hands. I also got a large area where the skin was ripped of the top of my foot, seemingly through my shoes and walking socks, it's new one for the scrap book! My knee was the worst for taking most of the impact.

Its now very slighly swollen under the kneecap towards the outer, and the same area does hurt when I put in out of the saddle efforts on my commute. Its also stiff in the morning, but eases up fine when I'm a bit warmer.

However, I managed the club 1.5hr chain gang last night without much discomfort.

Do you recon swelling due to an impact will be an issue on a longer ride? Although it is an injury, and hurts a bit when I cycle, it's cause was not due to repetetive strain, so my guess is I should be ok.

Any ideas?

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Should I ride a 300 this weekend??
« Reply #1 on: 15 August, 2008, 03:00:30 pm »
Sounds like a good weekend to recuperate with beer.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.