Author Topic: The Good News Thread  (Read 1108996 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: The Good News Thread
« Reply #7075 on: 28 August, 2023, 05:32:39 pm »
Going to put this here rather than any of the cycling-specific threads: I can actually ride no handed! For at least five seconds! Would have been longer, but I had to brake (red light). I was already sitting up, slowing down, left hand off just cruzin alon and then I put my right arm out to indicate that I was in that lane to actually turn right at the lights not just to overtake the bus, and... just carried on in a nice straight line. I might try it again one day, if I have the right conditions again.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #7076 on: 13 September, 2023, 09:56:06 am »
My new bike has arrived.  I shall unbox and fettle later this afternoon.   :thumbsup:
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #7077 on: 16 September, 2023, 11:40:47 pm »
I was informed last night that my nephew has finally at the age of almost 11 taken to riding his bike. Apparently last summer he was just about wobbling along but yesterday just got on and rode off without much thought, with little if any practice since last summer.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #7078 on: 26 September, 2023, 04:17:47 pm »
A letter arrived today from my landlord telling me they'd overcharged on my service charges to the tune of £195. They will reduce next month's rent accordingly.

It'll probably be swallowed up by the upcoming MOT on my car, but it's a nice surprise nonetheless.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #7079 on: 17 October, 2023, 01:12:47 pm »
The boy, Beardy Junior, has gone and got himself a new job. I’m not sure his grandfathers will necessarily agree that it’s good news given that he’s taking a role as a safeguarding officer for the Labour Party.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Regulator

« Reply #7080 on: 17 October, 2023, 01:28:06 pm »
The boy, Beardy Junior, has gone and got himself a new job. I’m not sure his grandfathers will necessarily agree that it’s good news given that he’s taking a role as a safeguarding officer for the Labour Party.

Probably a less demanding job than being the safeguarding officer for the Tory Party...

Green Party Councillor

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #7081 on: 17 October, 2023, 04:31:27 pm »
I’m hoping it will be a little less demanding than his current safeguarding job with the Catholic Church!
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Regulator

« Reply #7082 on: 17 October, 2023, 04:33:29 pm »
I’m hoping it will be a little less demanding than his current safeguarding job with the Catholic Church!

I don't think even the Catholic church is as bad as the Tory Party...

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #7083 on: 19 October, 2023, 10:18:06 am »
This story made me smile.  What a legend!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #7084 on: 19 October, 2023, 10:56:36 am »
Quite a special car.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #7085 on: 19 October, 2023, 11:33:47 am »

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #7086 on: 10 January, 2024, 07:18:40 pm »
We need a Super-Not-Twat thread.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67935463
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #7087 on: 24 January, 2024, 05:42:47 pm »
I’ve sorted myself out with 4 days cycling in Scotland. Time to remember how the pedals work.