Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 869325 times)

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #3525 on: 11 March, 2019, 07:44:55 pm »
Sajid Javid  :demon:

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3526 on: 12 March, 2019, 01:40:57 pm »
Paul Mitchell, the twat who ran on to the pitch at Birmingham vs Aston Villa on Saturday and decked Jack Grealish.

14 weeks inside sounds like a pretty harsh punishment, but there's definitely an element of pour encourager les autres that perhaps justifies it - there was another incident at the Arsenal vs Man United match yesterday, so I guess the authorities need to be seen to be stamping down hard and fast.

I blame Thatcher Brexit.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #3527 on: 12 March, 2019, 01:52:16 pm »
Not my own observation, but -

Its incredible how quickly our justice system can move for some things and not others.

« Reply #3528 on: 12 March, 2019, 07:40:44 pm »
Isn't that partly a magistrates vs crown court thing?

ian

« Reply #3529 on: 13 March, 2019, 11:25:13 am »
Well, when it comes to football, police forces that would normally shout 'no resources' find hundreds of officers to stand around every matchday.* Oddly, unlike traffic policing, no one demands those officers go and catch 'proper criminals.'

I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if the same applied to the courts.

*I know, they contribute to costs, though a quick Google says 'not very much' – direct policing for Tottenham Hotspur for instance cost £1.2 million of which they paid £62k (2017/2018).

fuzzy

« Reply #3530 on: 13 March, 2019, 11:42:44 am »
The problem with policing football however is that, if we didn't, the crime rate in a lot of areas would escalate rapidly once the 'fan' groups recognise that there isn't anyone trying to prevent their meet ups and fisticuffs.

In addition, the attention paid by a lot of fans to stewards and safety officers is poor. This is with the potential of police intervention if it gets a bit tasty. No police and the situation WILL get worse. Football atracts thugs and sometimes it needs a bit of policing to keep the control to a barely noticeable level.

« Reply #3531 on: 13 March, 2019, 11:48:11 am »
The problem with policing football however is that, if we didn't, the crime rate in a lot of areas would escalate rapidly once the 'fan' groups recognise that there isn't anyone trying to prevent their meet ups and fisticuffs.

In addition, the attention paid by a lot of fans to stewards and safety officers is poor. This is with the potential of police intervention if it gets a bit tasty. No police and the situation WILL get worse. Football atracts thugs and sometimes it needs a bit of policing to keep the control to a barely noticeable level.

Absolutely.  I've never understood why players get away with obvious violence on the pitch, where there are thousands of witnesses and CCTV and so on.  These players belong in the stands.....

ian

« Reply #3532 on: 13 March, 2019, 11:53:31 am »

I'd imagine any other event that resulted in this level of disruption and violence would be banned. I'm not really arguing with the outcome, just the fact that police can't both have no resources for dull stuff like road policing and at the same time have hundreds of officers available every match day. I suppose it says something about society's priorities.

fuzzy

« Reply #3533 on: 13 March, 2019, 12:04:38 pm »
Police target their resources where they have best impact on the targets that are set. There are targets for everything so the powers that be concentrate on those with the biggest impact on their budget.

If the Whitehall Meddlers stopped meddling and let the police take their steer from the communities they are supposed to serve, we might actually get the results we, as the communites, wish.

« Reply #3534 on: 13 March, 2019, 12:08:34 pm »
I'd assumed that match day officers will have  a fair proportion of "beat bobbies" (ok, I know they don't exist anymore) on overtime, and "specials" on expenses, pulled in just for that days activities, so not really an additional resource.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

fuzzy

« Reply #3535 on: 13 March, 2019, 12:19:01 pm »
Depends.

Low category games that require policing yes but, get intel that it might get a bit rowdy and then PSU's (public order trained Police Support Units or riot squads) will get deployed. A PSU is one Inspector, 3 Sergeants, 18 Constables as foot troops and 3 roads policing constables as drivers for the riot vans.

One PSU is expensive. I have policed matches outside of the major connurbations where 4 or more have been deployed.

« Reply #3536 on: 13 March, 2019, 03:03:22 pm »
Boris Johnson, https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-says-spending-child-14127681

Hopefully this will come back to haunt him in any leadership bid.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3537 on: 13 March, 2019, 05:04:20 pm »
Boris Johnson, https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-says-spending-child-14127681

Hopefully this will come back to haunt him in any leadership bid.
unlikely as it is the leadership of the nasty party we’re talking about.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #3538 on: 13 March, 2019, 06:27:37 pm »
Lord Steel picked a good day to bury bad news - oops, I mean admit to a crime of omission at the  Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse...

Extraordinary evidence at #IICSA today - Lord Steel admits that Cyril Smith confessed to him in 1979 that abuse allegations against him were true – but Steel still did  nothing about it, & made no effort to investigate whether Smith posed any continuing risk to children.
https://twitter.com/Richard_Scorer/status/1105848593762668549
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #3539 on: 15 March, 2019, 07:47:42 am »
Queensland's Senator Fraser Anning. How the hell this right vile PoS thought this was a remotely acceptable response to an Australian terrorist murdering 40 people in mosques in New Zealand I'm glad I will never comprehend.

https://twitter.com/fel_caldwell/status/1106432989011959808
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #3540 on: 15 March, 2019, 08:47:37 am »
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/2019/mar/suspended-sentence-for-woman-who-delivered-insulin-overdose-to-her-partner-97764852.html?fbclid=IwAR3M0dBjmg4y2Wyr7GnH4tn_RPnWHdgGcM7AcOApL-WvMiKJDTIMXKjij9U

With the boyfriend asleep this could have been fatal.  According to the article 24 units administered before he noticed, my daily dose is around 6-8.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #3541 on: 15 March, 2019, 08:53:03 am »
Queensland's Senator Fraser Anning. How the hell this right vile PoS thought this was a remotely acceptable response to an Australian terrorist murdering 40 people in mosques in New Zealand I'm glad I will never comprehend.

https://twitter.com/fel_caldwell/status/1106432989011959808

>:( Utter racism! Disgusting.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

ian

« Reply #3542 on: 15 March, 2019, 09:24:19 am »
Any long statement that begins along the lines of 'I'm not a [whatever]ist but...' and then goes on for several paragraphs can be succinctly edited to a more precise 'I am a [whatever]ist.'

« Reply #3543 on: 15 March, 2019, 09:37:00 am »

« Reply #3544 on: 15 March, 2019, 10:26:38 am »
Any long statement that begins along the lines of 'I'm not a [whatever]ist but...' and then goes on for several paragraphs can be succinctly edited to a more precise 'I am a [whatever]ist.'

Likewise, "Some of my best friends are...".

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #3545 on: 15 March, 2019, 11:00:49 am »
Yes, but that doesn't even start with a trigger phrase, just straight into why these people deserved what they got.

Saddest part is he's either trumpeting what his constituents think or influencing them to think that way
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #3546 on: 15 March, 2019, 11:10:20 am »
I believe that nice Mr Yaxley-Lemon was planning an Australian speaking tour.  I wonder who he was meeting over there & who his target audience was ?   :sick:

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3547 on: 15 March, 2019, 11:10:58 am »
"Just because these people were going about their business in a peaceful way and not bothering anyone else, that doesn't mean it wasn't entirely their own fault that they got gunned down in cold blood by a lunatic."
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3548 on: 15 March, 2019, 11:15:35 am »
Yes, but that doesn't even start with a trigger phrase, just straight into why these people deserved what they got.

Saddest part is he's either trumpeting what his constituents think or influencing them to think that way
All 19 of them that voted for him.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #3549 on: 15 March, 2019, 11:56:40 am »

All 19 of them that voted for him.

And he's only a senator because the actual winner was ruled ineligible and he got in by default.

https://twitter.com/beneltham/status/1106505202465538050?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/Chosen_Chaos/status/1106506187049062400
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche