Author Topic: Clickable thumbs in Photobucket  (Read 2103 times)

Clickable thumbs in Photobucket
« on: 13 October, 2008, 03:01:56 pm »
 ???

I have some photos I'd like to include in a thread. I have the appropriate code enabled in PB. However, when I paste this code into my post, the thumb displays but is not clickable.
Any idea why this could be?

Re: Clickable thumbs in Photobucket
« Reply #1 on: 13 October, 2008, 03:08:31 pm »
paste the image in as normal, but then add a URL tag around it.

Code: [Select]

[url=destination-page][img]clickable_image[/img][/url]

« Reply #2 on: 13 October, 2008, 03:13:39 pm »
Thanks Nutty. That works but it is all messy with bits of an url before and after the thumbnail.

However, for some reason if I avoid the existing thumb code under each image and instead tick images and go "generate HTML tags" the thumbnail code produced in that way works fine.

What I need to know now is how do I make text fit alongside a thumbnail - any ideas? 

« Reply #3 on: 13 October, 2008, 03:45:58 pm »
Try posting your best attempt here, and we'll see if we can tidy it up?

« Reply #4 on: 13 October, 2008, 04:21:34 pm »
Thanks Nutty, I've just understood what you meant above, having looked at the code.

I have the thumbnail code in a .txt and I'll add words and give it a blast later.

« Reply #5 on: 13 October, 2008, 09:45:09 pm »
In the end I didn't try to mess around with the text as getting the rest of it to work was enough of a faff!

One thing that I'd like to see in PB is the ability to adjust the size of the thumbnails - they are a little small. But at least that does encourage people to click on them.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #6 on: 13 October, 2008, 11:27:14 pm »
I hate it that Photobucket doesn't go straight to the full-size image after clicking a thumbnail.  People not in-the-know don't realise that the crudely-downsized picture with jagged lines they see isn't your image as you uploaded it - so you've got to remind them to click it.

PBase's presentation and facilities are much better - though they don't offer free accounts.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #7 on: 16 October, 2008, 10:28:05 pm »
It is annoying. I had thought I'd sized my photos accessed via the thumbnails in this post so that they'd open immediately fully sized on most people's screens but no, you have to click them again. Arse.

I have a paid PB account. I may consider a move when the fee becomes due again.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #8 on: 17 October, 2008, 12:21:50 am »
I don't need to click the photos in your post again - a decent-size non-clickable picture comes up straight after clicking a thumbnail.

I was thinking more about when navigating directly from the PB website.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #9 on: 17 October, 2008, 02:29:27 pm »
I've recently started using picasa.

I have used Thumbsplus for years for organising my pictures, but wanted something (preferably free) for my laptop.

After a little while I got the hang of how it works and have found it to be really nice. When it comes to putting them online, just select the ones I want (if I haven't already done so by putting them into an album) and press the button. Nice and simple.

To include the pictures in here, I just go into an online album, click on the thumbnail to see a larger version, then copy the image location.

The only thing I've found it to be not so good at is it's speed for indexing pictures. It's fine when I copy a memory card onto the laptop, but when I told it to include all (52k) pictures on my NAS it took several days and nights, before I got bored and stopped it.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!