Author Topic: May Day Chiltern Audaxes - Limited spaces left!!!!!  (Read 1854 times)

May Day Chiltern Audaxes - Limited spaces left!!!!!
« on: 29 April, 2019, 07:29:24 am »
Another record entry for the May Day Chiltern Audaxes on 6th May this year and despite ordering more Brevet Cards this year, they are running out...get in quick. Entries close on Thursday 2nd May or when the Brevet Cards run out.

100km and 200km options, starters get a free reflective mudguard sticker, finishers get a cloth patch....start and finish and you get both, yay! O:-)

ENTER HERE:
http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/19-239/
http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/19-240/

Badges 

2019 Stickers  

Re: May Day Chiltern Audaxes - Limited spaces left!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 29 April, 2019, 09:54:48 pm »
ECE'd the 100km route last year - gosh it was hot, but it looks like Huff n Puff has organised a little cooler conditions.  I was amazed at how many people were at the start last year so no great surprise to see a record entry this year - these May Day rides just keep getting more and more popular  :thumbsup:  Enjoy the routes, enjoy the cakes and have a day off work.  I look forward to seeing the 100km riders at the control at Curiosity Team rooms by the playground in Ivinghoe and perhaps waving at a few of the early 200km riders as they pass by as well.

« Reply #2 on: 30 April, 2019, 09:05:21 am »
Indeed, Sandy Snake, I suspect that you'll be enjoying some of those nice cakes in the Curiosity Tea Room (The Hub) too.

I shall remain safely in Ruislip, as this sign testifies:
Ruislip Safety Zone  ,

« Reply #3 on: 30 April, 2019, 11:08:30 am »
Looks like a bit of something for everyone on both of these routes, and both very different from last year so no danger of boredom (and less danger of heatstroke, praise be).
How much can a koala bear?

« Reply #4 on: 30 April, 2019, 02:05:02 pm »
Always new routes on the May Day Chiltern Audaxes, always fresh as a daisy, or bluebell perhaps….as both feature some of the best Bluebell Woods you'll see anywhere.

« Reply #5 on: 02 May, 2019, 06:25:04 am »
I have managed to create a few more Brevet Cards from some blanks I had leftover from last year so entries will stay open a few more hours, but definitely closing today..

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #6 on: 02 May, 2019, 01:26:23 pm »
I'm on the 200  :thumbsup: With all this hype, it's got to be good, right ??  ;)

(but this will be my first ride over 70miles since November's injury, so I might cut short e.g. ride straight home. Or something, we'll see ... )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #7 on: 02 May, 2019, 07:27:07 pm »
Having been of the bike injured myself lately, you have my sincere (hype free) sympathy.

In truth I've enjoyed riding this year's route over the winter and I've had good feedback from the 3 people I've dragged round it. But you can't please all of the people, all of the time and, whilst we think it's good, it may not suit your tastes of course.
I look forward to seeing you on Monday.

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #8 on: 03 May, 2019, 07:05:38 am »
Looking froward to it, trying an (asymmetric) ECE for the first time too.
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

« Reply #9 on: 03 May, 2019, 10:06:34 am »
ENTRIES NOW CLOSED....looking forward to seeing y'all on Monday.

« Reply #10 on: 03 May, 2019, 10:09:59 am »
Looking froward to it, trying an (asymmetric) ECE for the first time too.
I'm not sure where you're ECE riding from, but if you need any local knowledge of the Ruislip area, please email me.

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #11 on: 06 May, 2019, 07:42:32 pm »
Nice ride. Lots of great roads until crossing the chiltern at the end.

Bluebell woods impressive despite bluebells being on the wane now.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #12 on: 06 May, 2019, 10:29:36 pm »
Did not go so well.

I have been an sufferer of migraines since my teens - fortunately not too often  and less severe as I have got older. But, I have never once had one on a bike ride before. Not fun, and I had to bail shortly before the first control and jump on a train at Hitchin before I couldn’t function.

Honestly think that lack of sleep after volunteering at LWL May have contributed to the attack.

Very nice lanes in the bit I did (all in the company of Mattc). The bluebells in the woods were quite stunning.

Cold wind again though.

Thanks to mattc for company and painkillers.

Thanks to Dave and club for what looked like a lovely ride.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #13 on: 08 May, 2019, 12:31:43 am »
Surprisingly difficult ride!

Very, very pretty scenery. Fell for the "most climbing done by 35km" and pushed quite hard through to the control, not realising (though I should have) that the steepest were to come and was worn out by 70km.

Compounded by back pain I really had to push to get round in the end.

Some amazing roads, some very hairy ones. Called "morning" with thumbs up to one of the golfers, got told to "fuck off!" in response...

All in all, eventful. I'll be back next year!

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

« Reply #14 on: 13 May, 2019, 04:02:19 pm »
Thanks guys, it all seemed to go very well on the day, sorry MJB that you couldn't finish but thanks to you and Matt C for letting me know.

thanks to all of those who sent emails saying nice things last week too......I do like that bit  ;)

The 2020 teasers were out on the day, new routes as ever!