Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2453566 times)

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #22700 on: 28 June, 2019, 12:08:35 pm »
Mounted the new cross tyres tubelessly, had 4 cups of coffee, slowly packing my delivery bag to ride in to That London for a day of dropping off other people's food for cash.
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

Ban cars.

ian

« Reply #22701 on: 28 June, 2019, 01:10:36 pm »
I'm thinking I should have left the mothership's summer party before 1am this morning, then I would have been in bed before 2.30am. I did sleep in an extra hour but  Y A W N.

It's also didn't help that I came in for a meeting at 10am with our section's MD and he's like, hey, I invited two our new board members to sit in, now dance monkey, dance.

And my brain kept saying show them how excited you are by yawning. Go on, big mouth yawn, show them some tonsil. I hate my brain.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22702 on: 28 June, 2019, 01:15:49 pm »
^^^ Man stiil has tonsils. Mine were wheeked out while I was yet of a tender age. It was the Thing to Do back then.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22703 on: 28 June, 2019, 01:16:44 pm »
^^^ Man stiil has tonsils. Mine were wheeked out while I was yet of a tender age. It was the Thing to Do back then.

Apparently you don't even get ice cream with tonsilectomies any more...

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #22704 on: 28 June, 2019, 01:31:32 pm »

Almost impossible to get an NHS tonsillectomy these days.  It's a Category 2 intervention/procedure (in the NHS England Evidence Based Intervention Guidance) which require individual Prior Approval.  Lots of hoops for GPs/hospitals to jump through.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22705 on: 28 June, 2019, 01:54:15 pm »

Apparently you don't even get ice cream with tonsilectomies any more...

Huh. They offered me rice pudding.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22706 on: 28 June, 2019, 01:57:12 pm »

Almost impossible to get an NHS tonsillectomy these days.  It's a Category 2 intervention/procedure (in the NHS England Evidence Based Intervention Guidance) which require individual Prior Approval.  Lots of hoops for GPs/hospitals to jump through.

I know someone who's been failing to get one for years because they keep having to move area and the hoop-jumping resets.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #22707 on: 28 June, 2019, 02:29:03 pm »

I know someone who's been failing to get one for years because they keep having to move area and the hoop-jumping resets.

Yep - plus there's no definitively set national criteria (the EBI guidance is a vague fudge on this procedure) which means we have ended - yet again - with an NHS postcode lottery.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #22708 on: 28 June, 2019, 04:20:01 pm »
I'm thinking I should have left the mothership's summer party before 1am this morning, then I would have been in bed before 2.30am. I did sleep in an extra hour but  Y A W N.

It's also didn't help that I came in for a meeting at 10am with our section's MD and he's like, hey, I invited two our new board members to sit in, now dance monkey, dance.

And my brain kept saying show them how excited you are by yawning. Go on, big mouth yawn, show them some tonsil. I hate my brain.

What manner of imbecile organises a jbex party on a skool night?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #22709 on: 28 June, 2019, 10:26:58 pm »

Seems reasonable enough to me - at least then you get to have your hangover on work time.

(click to show/hide)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22710 on: 29 June, 2019, 01:38:46 pm »
24-hour pedal car race.  So far this has involved ghetto bike-fit (add closed-cell foam until you can reach the pedals), learning how to steer (it's a bit like riding Auntie Helen's Versatile, if it were composed of about 60% gaffer tape); camping between some noisy Belgians and a scouts' football match; debugging the timing system (I'm one of the three people on site who claim to know anything about Crossmgr/ImpInj); and lots of sunblock.  I expect to be let loose in the car at about 4pm.  Assuming neither I, the tyres or the track have melted.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #22711 on: 29 June, 2019, 02:01:34 pm »
24-hour pedal car race.  So far this has involved ghetto bike-fit (add closed-cell foam until you can reach the pedals), learning how to steer (it's a bit like riding Auntie Helen's Versatile, if it were composed of about 60% gaffer tape); camping between some noisy Belgians and a scouts' football match; debugging the timing system (I'm one of the three people on site who claim to know anything about Crossmgr/ImpInj); and lots of sunblock.  I expect to be let loose in the car at about 4pm.  Assuming neither I, the tyres or the track have melted.

Where are you doing that?

Phil W

« Reply #22712 on: 29 June, 2019, 02:26:29 pm »
Hiding from the sun having got out on the bike early before the shaded lanes were no longer in shade or cool.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22713 on: 29 June, 2019, 02:31:26 pm »

Where are you doing that?
Shenington.

I hasten to add that I thought this was a silly idea *before* I knew that it was going to be scorchio.  Chairman Al and Chris H press-ganged me into it a few weeks ago.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #22714 on: 29 June, 2019, 02:45:05 pm »
waiting, poised like a coiled spring, until someone else sends me something, I'll then do something with it and send it back.
Repeat several times with different somethings until midnight tomorrow.

Cycled into town and back for shopping this morning, it was already hot.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22715 on: 30 June, 2019, 05:06:35 pm »
Sprawling á la limp rag and waiting for the outside temperature to fall below room temperature.  Just now it's 28° indoors and 37° out so it'll take a while.

ian

« Reply #22716 on: 01 July, 2019, 09:34:28 am »

It's always thus (I can't complain, free booze and food, webex is better when you've a glass of sparkles in hand). Friday was, however, a long day which got longer when I discovered my wife had booked me in for an extended period of Sondheim in the evening.

I confess I've normally avoided the mothership parties on account of being a desocialized home worker with attenuated communication skills, but I got bullied into this by one of the tall posh girls. Other than getting up on following Friday morning, it was quite enjoyable.

essexian

« Reply #22717 on: 02 July, 2019, 04:31:14 am »
Sitting on a chair in my bedroom with my left foot in a bowl of cold water while an electric fan provides some warmth thinking I am sure there was a public information film like this.....

« Reply #22718 on: 02 July, 2019, 10:34:16 am »
Feeling extremely meh!   Woke up with a stiff neck,  headache, sniffly nose & general feeling of knackerdness.   Of course my in tray at work overfloweth...  :(
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22719 on: 02 July, 2019, 11:20:09 am »
Seriously thinking about lunch.

« Reply #22720 on: 20 July, 2019, 05:54:11 pm »
Drinking beer in the Euston Tap, Boomtown Rats on the PA.
Rat Trap, one of the first albums I bought & one of the first gigs I went too. (Liverpool Empire in nineteen seventy mumble)
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #22721 on: 20 July, 2019, 06:46:05 pm »
Ah. Liverpool Empire. It was always bloody freezing cold there for the set up. Also 197mumble.
Maybe I was unlucky and only went there in mid winter.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #22722 on: 29 July, 2019, 10:04:28 am »
Recovering from a 10 minute walk to the GP surgery and back.  :facepalm: Pretty much only way to book an appointment is to go in person! Otherwise anytime you phone, and get through the multiple choice questionnaire, the reply is "our phone lines are busy, please phone back".

Hopefully should be recovered for my appointment at 11:50am!   :-[ To think, just last month I did a 200km Audax. Now it's taking me to walk a mere 1/4 mile to the gp surgery...   >:(

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #22723 on: 29 July, 2019, 10:08:01 am »
Waiting in the babers
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

essexian

« Reply #22724 on: 29 July, 2019, 11:11:12 am »
I am on leave so so far today I have....cleaned the garage, rehung a shelf which looked a bit wonky, arranged for some unwanted items to be collected by BHF, mowed the lawns and put all the recycling in the car for a trip to the skip....sorry recycling centre.

Later I have two bikes to clean with the hope that my foot will let me do some miles later in the week, some new wheels (brought 12 weeks ago!) to install and finally the hedgehog poo to pressure wash away.

Sometimes I think being off work is more knackering than working!