Author Topic: Tongue tied  (Read 2530 times)

Jezza

Tongue tied
« on: 23 June, 2008, 02:04:02 pm »
I've just developed a new and interesting phenomenon in the oral department and thought I'd share, to see if anyone else undergoes these same delights. I'd just had lunch, and felt like I'd got this annoying piece of toast somehow stuck in my mouth. I embark upon digital excavation with a moistened finger but can't seem to shift it. Off I toddle to the mirror to see what's going on.

You know when you're sort of half expecting something small - say a grazed knee - and then when you roll up your trousers half your leg is missing? Well it felt like that. I peered into the mirror and poked out my tongue.

And my first reaction was... "Jaysus! What the f*** is THAT!" A vast pulsating carbuncle clung to the underside of my tongue, slightly off centre. Dark red in colour, like a ruby-tipped tongue stud gone awry. It's about the size of a garden pea and looks like a jumbo blood blister. Having just scared myself crapless by looking it up on the web and encountering endless harrowing pictures of tumours, it seems that it is most likely just that - a blood blister.

Still, it's probably time to pack in the smokes again, so into the bin goes a perfectly good packet of tumour-inducing cheroots.

I suppose I'll see what happens. If it gets any bigger I should probably see the sawbones. Tune in this time tomorrow for more exciting updates. And no, I am not going to post a pic. It's too vile.         

annie

Re: Tongue tied
« Reply #1 on: 23 June, 2008, 02:07:38 pm »
Oh sounds very nasty.  Salt mouthwash perhaps?

Pics are always helpful. :)

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: 23 June, 2008, 02:22:57 pm »
In the interests of experimentation (and because I am in fact 9 years old) I just stuck a pin into it.

The mess is remarkable. Bathroom looks like a slaughterhouse, and this shirt's not much good any more. Still, the spot's gone. 

I'm off to buy some Nicorette now. 

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #3 on: 23 June, 2008, 02:37:51 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
There's no vibrations, but wait.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #4 on: 23 June, 2008, 02:45:05 pm »
I'd get it checked.  My father went to the dentist about seven years ago to be told he had cancer on his tongue.  One quick hospital operation and a 2p-sized piece of tongue removed, and he was fine (turned out it hadn't managed to spread to the lymph glands in his neck, although they removed them as a precaution) but he was lucky.

He has a history of mouth ulcers, and it looks as if one of them decided to stage a takeover bid.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

annie

« Reply #5 on: 23 June, 2008, 02:49:10 pm »
Oh gosh.  I was just about to post "whatever you do, don't stick a pin into it" and then found you did just that, when will you learn ;)

What exactly came out of it, colour, etc.  Was there any pus for instance? 

I am with RZ on this one, get it checked asap.

Tiger

« Reply #6 on: 23 June, 2008, 04:18:09 pm »
Jezza - it is clearly an STD blister, and the blood coming out of it is very infectous indeed. You need to wash yourself all over with bleach and brillo pads to remove all traces and then get down to the clinic asap where they will sort you out.

annie

« Reply #7 on: 23 June, 2008, 04:19:14 pm »
Jezza - it is clearly an STD blister, and the blood coming out of it is very infectous indeed. You need to wash yourself all over with bleach and brillo pads to remove all traces and then get down to the clinic asap where they will sort you out.

;D You bad man, you forgot to mention that you need to drip dry out in the sun shine on the second Tuesday of the third month of the next year :thumbsup:

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #8 on: 23 June, 2008, 04:21:43 pm »

Wire brush and Dettol.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #9 on: 23 June, 2008, 04:23:14 pm »
Get it checked by a doctor or dentist, but I wouldn't worry much if there is nothing left and the offending area now feel soft and looks normal.

To remove blood stains from a garment, soak in cold salty water, then wash with a biological detergent ASAP.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: 23 June, 2008, 08:09:38 pm »
 :sick:
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #11 on: 23 June, 2008, 08:17:57 pm »
Cauterize the affected area with a soldering iron.... it's the only way to be sure....

;)
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark