Author Topic: Photobucket  (Read 4483 times)

Photobucket
« on: 23 July, 2018, 11:34:17 am »
I was intending to look for a photo in my Photobucket account and can't find anyway into my albums.
I haven't been in for a long, long while and see that there are ads for a paid 'service'.
Is there a way to retrieve what I had in there?
Never knowingly under caffeinated

Re: Photobucket
« Reply #1 on: 23 July, 2018, 11:39:46 am »
I don't know about Photobucket, but as of this weekend I've been locked out of my Flickr Pro account (which I pay for) and requests for help have been replied to in a way which doesn't convince me that I am going to get any help from Smug Mug (who took over ownership of Flickr recently) any time soon  >:(

« Reply #2 on: 23 July, 2018, 05:31:44 pm »
With photobucket you’re now screwed unless you pay something like $200 to them. I have free Flickr account that I can still access.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3 on: 23 July, 2018, 08:57:06 pm »
There's a plugin for browsers which fixes the Photo*ucket ransom demand.  I haven't seen the P500 image since.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #4 on: 23 July, 2018, 11:42:01 pm »
I don't know about Photobucket, but as of this weekend I've been locked out of my Flickr Pro account (which I pay for) and requests for help have been replied to in a way which doesn't convince me that I am going to get any help from Smug Mug (who took over ownership of Flickr recently) any time soon  >:(

J, my Flickr Pro is working well, from what I can see, even though I’ve been adding to it from a Foreign country :)
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #5 on: 24 July, 2018, 03:46:29 pm »

J, my Flickr Pro is working well, from what I can see, even though I’ve been adding to it from a Foreign country :)
Mine was working from the two Macs I have at home - no reason to log in - just click on the bookmark, and I'm in.
I wasn't able to log in from any computers at work.

This is the message I sent to Flickr

Hello,
Until today, I was able to log into my account on either of the two macs I have at home simply by clicking on the bookmark I have - no need for password - I'm already logged in.
However, I have not been able to log in from any other machine, like at work or anywhere else.
On alternative machines I am offered the opportunity to log in to Yahoo, but the email / password combination I offer are always rejected.
I made the mistake of trying this on my mac at home just now - and now I cannot log in to my account at all.
Needless to say, the username / password I was issued when I originally signed up (about 10 years ago) are no longer valid / recognised.
I'm pretty sure that the email address I signed up with was ****@btinternet.com.
However, I no longer monitor this address - please use the address at the top of this page in your reply.
In brief - I need a new password for the above account, and I'm unable to obtain one using the online process you offer.
Kind regards

This is their reply back

Hi Jurek,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We've received your message. We're determined to give the same amazing support we've delivered on SmugMug for 15 years, but we're still in the process of building out our brand new support team.

Please be patient with us as we take a little longer than usual to get to your email!

As I say, I'm not holding my breath.
I'm suspicious and dismissive, in equal measure, of anyone who uses the term 'reaching out'.
I'm not reaching out - That implies the injured / victim pleading for help.
That's not what I am doing. 
I'm just asking that they sort out the shit which they are being paid to do.

Aaaaaannnnddd relax.

Apologies to Nobby for the thread hijack.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6 on: 24 July, 2018, 06:57:29 pm »
I have given up with my Flickr Pro account. I can't log in. It is linked to a Yahoo email account I didn't really use.

Sounds very similar to jurek's tale. Apologies for going off at his tangent...

« Reply #7 on: 28 July, 2018, 11:46:18 am »
The story continues......

Flickr Support have, to my surprise, been in touch, and apologised for the delayed reply.
Apparently there is a known fault with Yahoo / BT login email addresses and Flickr.
BT are aware of it, but there is no ETA for a fix because BT DNGAF.
If I was to furnish Flickr with an alternative email address, they will send me new login details using the new address.
Gmail account created, and details duly sent to Flickr.

Lets see how this pans out......

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #8 on: 28 July, 2018, 12:21:01 pm »
I really ought to do this but I have severe inertia!

« Reply #9 on: 28 July, 2018, 09:05:42 pm »
I have it back
Its a lumpy and indirect connection, but it is a connection.

ETA - It isn't as bad as that
It appears to be working as it should.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #10 on: 29 July, 2018, 08:40:11 pm »
Congratulations!
Seems Flickr don't recognise me as 'helen82043999' but do as 'horribule'.
Which is interesting...

« Reply #11 on: 29 July, 2018, 09:03:36 pm »
Send them a message (or two) via their 'contact us' option on their webpage.
That's what did it for me, Helly

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #12 on: 29 July, 2018, 09:09:13 pm »
I will when I have a suitable email account and tuits...

« Reply #13 on: 05 September, 2019, 07:47:42 am »

Apologies to Nobby for the thread hijack.

No troubles. I didn't notice until today  ;D
Never knowingly under caffeinated

Re: Flickr
« Reply #14 on: 29 May, 2020, 02:12:23 pm »
Thread Necromancy.
Flickr, the other day, informed me that I've reached my 1000 free images limit (the truth is that my flickrpro account has many, many more than 1000 images).
Duly, I've just coughed ~£109.00 for the next couple of years of Flickrpro.