Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2450694 times)

ian

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #22425 on: 05 December, 2018, 01:12:25 pm »
1310. Sent an email. Read the newspaper. Drank three cups of coffee. Put a replacement battery (a mysterious LR1, is there an infinite number of battery types?) in a torch.

Not making much progress on my day off.

I think I'll go for a swim. I was going to go order a turkey from the local butcher but they're closed on Wednesdays. Oh well.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22426 on: 05 December, 2018, 01:24:57 pm »
Is it Wednesday? I thought it was still Saturday. No, right enough, the only way I can get the car into Leroy Merlin's car park on a Saturday is with a shoe-horn and KY jelly and it was OK today so it can't be.

Anyway, right now I'm doing SFA.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

ian

« Reply #22427 on: 05 December, 2018, 03:52:32 pm »
1550. I thought I'd replace the bulb in the light in the end of the driveway where was noticeably not on yesterday evening (10,000 hours my arse). It was going quite well until I tried to put the screws back in. One, almost predictably, dropped into the undergrowth and was never seen again. Sigh. I have no idea about screws. Where do you even buy them? What kind of screw is it?

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #22428 on: 05 December, 2018, 04:34:58 pm »
Take the other one to the screw shop and say "can I have one of those?"
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ian

« Reply #22429 on: 05 December, 2018, 05:19:47 pm »
That's my plan for tomorrow morning. I just resent the imposition of such excitement on my days off.

I did tidy one corner of my office and moved some of the boxes to the garage where they'll be a problem for another decade. We really should clear out the garage, says my wife. Be my guest. She's right (of course), it's full of dying Ikea furniture and randomalia, and now, my precious box collection. Oh, and some bicycles.

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #22430 on: 16 December, 2018, 02:22:15 pm »
Just finished my 2016-17 tax return.  Now all I've got to do is pay the bill by the end of Jan, a bill which despite being a significant sum is a warm cuddle in front of the fire compared to last years.
Better start selling organs for next years then, they tend to alternate.

Finished my 2017-18 tax return and I was right ^^^.  Absolutely no consolation whatever.  This years bill is less warm cuddle in front of the fire, more the full treatment with red hot fire irons.
Yeeeeeouch!
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22431 on: 16 December, 2018, 03:39:51 pm »
Just been out to salt the footpath in front of the house, since the snow got rained on and turned to slush that could freeze tonight. Law in France says that the householder does it, and takes responsibility for pratfalls if it's not done.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22432 on: 18 December, 2018, 11:59:04 am »
Procrastinating. Cleaning the bathroom is my next job, and it’s not one I particularly enjoy. And it’ll only need doing again in a few days.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #22433 on: 21 December, 2018, 12:41:06 pm »
Listening to a hive-mind curated Xmas playlist.

It's a little different (I mentioned it to Deano on Wednesday, he actually knew some of the more esoteric ones!) Yes HMHB are there, see:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCBY0Z3yGRvXEt7Y8SGO105NhNtZVDKfQ
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #22434 on: 21 December, 2018, 01:36:01 pm »
Sitting in the office & feeling crap.  The first of the seasonal colds has made a timely appearance.  Tired, scratchy throat, snuffling.   Roll on 16:30 so I can go home & crawl into bed.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #22435 on: 21 December, 2018, 01:48:43 pm »
Taking a breather from shifting and stacking a delivery of more bleedin' wood.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

ian

« Reply #22436 on: 21 December, 2018, 01:54:57 pm »
Trying to find my work phone, which my wife has squirrelled away. It might be in the 'cupboard next to the vacuum cleaner.'

« Reply #22437 on: 21 December, 2018, 02:03:37 pm »
Waiting for my last Christmas delivery, being of cheeses. And considering rotating the tree 30 degrees before decorating it.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #22438 on: 21 December, 2018, 02:09:02 pm »
Waiting for MrsC to finish listening to the Archers before we toddle off down the road to the pub1

1: to empty the charity pin-badge collection box, honest2

2: we may just have to have a drink to be sociable I suppose
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

ian

« Reply #22439 on: 21 December, 2018, 02:16:21 pm »
Waiting for my last Christmas delivery, being of cheeses. And considering rotating the tree 30 degrees before decorating it.

Redundant anyway, as the mothership seems to have bolloxed my VPN password so I don't get as far as the SMS code. SOP if you leave the office for more than one day. Either that or they moved the VPN address without telling anyone, which is SOP for Fridays.

I'd reset my password, of course, but you may already be ahead of me by guessing that the only way to reset your password is to be on an authenticated network which means either physically being aboard the mothership or on the VPN...

Oh well, I'm only notionally working, everyone else seems to have departed.

I could phone them and have them reset the password. But that would likely just break everything else (like email, which is fine despite having the same password that the VPN claims is invalid) and take well into 2019 to resolve.

« Reply #22440 on: 21 December, 2018, 03:47:58 pm »
MrsC decided she wasn't happy with the lights on the Christmas tree, so ordered some more of those interwebby things.
We now have 50m of cable wrapped round a six foot tree!

And it's not easy putting the lights on after all the other decorations.

« Reply #22441 on: 28 December, 2018, 10:30:27 am »
Decluttering. A standard hobby in this household between Christmas and New Year.
I am getting rid of a load of magazines (not that sort!) which I've been carting around from dwelling to dwelling for decades. When you find three year old copies which haven't even been opened, it's time to say goodbye.

Still a bit of a wrench though.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #22442 on: 29 December, 2018, 11:35:21 am »
Wondering why my cat would choose to lie on my shins. They can't be that comfortable...
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #22443 on: 29 December, 2018, 03:45:15 pm »
Knitting a hat.

« Reply #22444 on: 29 December, 2018, 03:58:05 pm »
Eating a mince pie.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

lou boutin

« Reply #22445 on: 29 December, 2018, 07:12:06 pm »
Knitting a hat.

Giving up knitting a hat as I've managed to twist the knitting 4 times - yes 4 times.  I've decided to find a flat pattern instead.

« Reply #22446 on: 30 December, 2018, 12:33:39 pm »
Removing a dead pidgeon from my extension roof. I lead an exciting life.  ::-)
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

lou boutin

« Reply #22447 on: 30 December, 2018, 02:53:31 pm »
Giggling at my shopping trip. I only intended to keep my friend company. I'm now home avec blouse, dress, shape wear, new underwear, handbag and a cat!

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #22448 on: 30 December, 2018, 02:55:26 pm »
A cat!
Do tell!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22449 on: 30 December, 2018, 05:12:12 pm »
Relaxing with a cuppa after working on a guitar since 8 am this morning, with a break at lunchtime to carve a duck. Been running on nerves & coffee otherwise. Feeling rather knackered now.